Lightify Gardenspot Mini's

Don’t see why not. I recently swapped out 3 single pole’s with 3 speed fan switches and waited till all were done before I paired them.

Yes! Only four! But I’ll probably get more… Ok… I’m getting more! I just remembered I have a backyard too!

My wife loves these lights already lol…

I keep all of my stuff in a couple of boxes buried in the garage. She knows I’ve got over 120 devices installed… If she know about the other 50 ouour do sitting in the garage she would probably flip out lol!

She’s not real happy that I went got the harmony start control yesterday… Man is that cool to use with Alexa!

1 Like

So the Gardenspot minis just went back up to $60 on Amazon. Ironic that now they are listed as the number one top seller in outdoor lighting. I wonder why. Maybe because we bought them all.

4 Likes

Let me know when you do a garage sale!

1 Like

Haha! I just counted it all! 53 things in my parts box!

You do realize, that’s 53 more chances that something will go wrong. You should get rid of them quick or else your pool time might be cut short, and that wouldn’t only be a shame, but may damage your WAF significantly. I can take the pain away from you and sacrifice my WAF for you.

4 Likes

Well it looks like we cleaned out Amazons stock. Another retailer’s stock plundered by team ST. Not quite the smash and grad deals we found at Lowes but a bargain none the less.

For those looking for a good deal on extension kits try Grooves-inc.com out of Berlin Germany, $18.27 for the RGB $13.88 for the Warm white. I ordered 4 boxes WW’s and they arrived in 10-12 days. They accept Paypal.

I don’t think Osram offers WW’s in the USA

You can still order them. On the product page click on “7 new from $31.44” from there you can add it at the amazon price. It will just take 2-5 weeks for them to be in stock. I ordered 3, thanks OP!

1 Like

Thanks for the ordering tip. Grabbed three - I have no earthly idea what to do with them - that are supposed to be here between Aug. 10 & 26. Fulfilled by Amazon and Prime, so sales tax but no shipping. Now, to read-up on what I have to do to install, where & how.

1 Like

@gnrfan228 Thanks as well for the tip. Bought a couple at $31. Gotta go slow

If one of you want to sell some of your led strips let me know :slight_smile: I want to do up lighting above the cabinets.

As for the gardenspots. One word of warning, they are RGB, not RGBW. They never really get really ‘white’. Also the color picker for the default device handler sucks. I havent tried other DTH’s, but the default is the old style, plus all the colors are wrong. I think its designed for Hue more than anything else. The closest to ‘white’ for me is usually ‘lime green’ . I’ve had them outside for a year. Not sure if its placebo or what, but they do look a little dimmer than when they started. Dont know why. And the extension’s connection isnt as water proof as you’d want. If you are putting them outside, do yourself a favor and maybe shrink tube the connection for more water repellence or something.

Do you have any experience using these in wintertime conditions?

Have you had any issues with water shorting them out? Or rendering them inoperable?

We dont get a lot of snow… usually. But this winter we actually got quite a bit for Nashville. They still work now like 8 months later. Plenty of driving rain, flooding type conditions

1 Like

Did you use heat shrink tubing around your connections?

Nope just screwed them together. Around the corner there is where the connection is. The last 3 lights will sometimes flicker when i touch the connector. Its just a suggestion. There are o rings in the connectors but I just think a little more protection would help

Thank you. In live in Pennsylvania. I plan on leaving mine out in the elements year round. The shrink tubing sounds like a good idea. Cheers.

Depending on how your setup is, I do recommend protecting the transformer some. I used one of the sprinkler valve boxes to enclose the transformer and the zigbee transmitter.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/NDS-6-in-W-x-8-38-in-H-Round-Irrigation-Valve-Box/1060257

Just mounted it to the side with some bolts and nuts. Probably could have done it a little better. I still have the zigbee controller just dangling. Didnt want to 2sided tape it to the transformer as i feared for some interference. But still the cable for it is only like 6" long so yea…

1 Like

It’s down to $31.44 at Amazon now.

The drop to $31, is what this entire thread is about.

2 Likes

I just picked up 4 plus another Cooper RF9500.