Lifx Color 1000 bulb's temperature slider messed up

I am having an issue with Lifx bulbs. The slider for temperature change is set to 1-100 so when I try to set it at higher kelvin value I get the following error in the IDE:

[device id here] 10:52:00 PM: error Bad setLevel result: [422] [error:kelvin is outside of range: 2500-9000]
[device id here] 10:52:00 PM: debug Executing ‘setColorTemperature’ to 95

and of course the lower Kelvins give me:
[device id here] 10:56:02 PM: error Bad setLevel result: [422] [error:kelvin is outside of range: 2500-9000]
[device id here] 10:56:01 PM: debug Executing ‘setColorTemperature’ to 10

I have have tried and confirmed the issue with both the stock device type along with a custom device type with the following code:
controlTile(“colorTempSliderControl”, “device.colorTemperature”, “slider”, height: 1, width: 6, inactiveLabel: false, range:"(2700…9000)") {
state “colorTemp”, action:“color temperature.setColorTemperature”

But it still only results in a slider that goes from 1-100… Anyone else having issues with this or have insight into the solution? I can’t be the only lifx color 1000 user having this issue…

Thanks!

It’s a known issue, so make sure you let support know you are waiting on a fix for this. In the meantime you can use rule machine to get by this if you have it installed. I think you may also be able to use smart lighting as well. These are the only known workarounds that I know of.

1 Like