I would like to install multiple Z-wave dimmer in 3-way setup for a magnetic low voltage system and would like to use 1000W dimmers. Based on my search there appears to only be two 1000W Z-Wave plus options. The Leviton DZ1KD-1BZ with matching remote DD0SR-DLZ and the GE/Jasco dimmer 14299 with matching remote 12723. Can you please advise on your recommendations on which to choose?
Based on research, the primary differences are:
- GE/Jasco is a little cheaper
- The GE may be easier to wire because it require one less traveller wire between remote and main dimmer because the remote does not require a “hot” connection. The GE remote require only ground, common/neutral and traveler/signal. The Leviton requires addition hot connection on remote.
- The Leviton has a separate skinny dimmer toggle button. On the GE you need to press and hold the single button to change the dimming level. I don’t know if the separate dimming button on the Leviton makes the main switch more/less responsive because it does not need to wait to figure out if you are going to hold down the main paddle.
- Conversely the GE dimmer looks cleaner without the separate dimmer button.
- The Leviton has array of LEDs on the switch probably to show dimming level.
I have not physically tried these dimmers. So looking for feedback even if they are personal preferences if you have experience with both dimmers.