Labs: Netatmo Integration

@Evil_V it is doing the same thing to me and my grovestream as well.

Hey all, this is partially my fault. Netatmo disabled http access to their API today and the SSL certificate they use isnā€™t currently supported by ST. Iā€™m working with people to figure out how to get this fixed.

3 Likes

Netatmo is not working on IFTTT either. thats a good way to cut yourself out of the market, stop making your things work with other thingsā€¦what was netatmo thinking.

I also contacted Netatmoā€™s support, I was told they are experiencing server issues and it would be resolved soon. So maybe itā€™s all related.

Thanks @Dianoga!

Any idea how long this will be?

Any ETA? Parts of my home automation are dependent from my external temperature sensor and right now they donā€™t workā€¦

Hi Brian,

Do you have an ETA on this by chance? Weā€™re using the Netatmo+SmartThings integration at WeatherBug for an upcoming project (Iā€™m an IT consultant for WeatherBug), and it is crucial that the Netatmo+SmartThings integration be working ASAP.

By the way, weā€™re going to be doing some more with SmartThings coming up with WeatherBug. You might be interested in developing some SmartThings apps for us. If you go to Backyard.WeatherBug.com and under ā€œBackyard Stationsā€, select ā€œBackyard Stations Helpā€ and fill out the contact form on there, I can introduce you to our CTO and APIā€™s.

Suggestion: Can you look into seeing if you can get the direct data feed from Netatmo? That would bypass all the SSL/sign in issues youā€™re having with the app for now. The only drawback with such a setup is only public stations would be visible in the feed, and even if a person didnā€™t own a Netatmo, they could view other peopleā€™s nearby stations inside SmartThings.

However, the majority of our users at WeatherBug thatā€™ll be using a Netatmo with SmartThings will want to publish their data directly. We may decide to integrate Netatmoā€™s feed into WeatherBug.com as well since the whole SSL/sign in integration with SmartThings hasnā€™t been that reliable. I believe itā€™d be a more reliable way to pull it off.

By the way, Iā€™ve got a suggestion for a SmartThings app you might want to build that would be up your alleyā€¦

Whatā€™s the idea? Post it here and others from the community can decide to write it as well;). Like me cough cough

Fill out this form with your name and email (ignore the other forms). In the subject line, put ā€œSmartThings Appā€.

http://backyard.weatherbug.com/group/backyardstations

I would need to introduce you to our CTO and have him give you access to some of our APIā€™s.

Hereā€™s a quick rundown of what Iā€™m looking for:

Weā€™re going to be doing more with SmartThings with an upcoming WeatherBug project (http://weatherbughome.com). Iā€™m looking for an app that can take data from both our professional and personal weather station network at WeatherBug.com and be able to access the station data inside SmartThings. That way, owners with other brand PWSā€™s besides Netatmo (Davis, Rainwise, Peet Bros, Ambient, Oregon Scientific, etc.) could integrate their station data inside SmartThings and use it to control SmartThings, regardless of the station brand. As long as the data is being pulled from WeatherBug.com, it would display in SmartThings. Users without a PWS could still use their nearest WeatherBug.com station (whether a PWS or a professional station installed in a school or business) inside SmartThings.

That would offer a LOT more station support inside SmartThings without the needs for various apps or station brands to manually get involved. One app/feed would do the trick.

If youā€™re interested, email me at the form above, and Iā€™ll introduce you to my CTO and team.

Another SmartThings app Iā€™m needing done is one that would allow the Nest thermostat to integrate into SmartThings. I donā€™t personally own a Nest thermostat, but Iā€™m going to be recommending SmartThings to people that do own Nest thermostats coming up. By default, the Nest thermostat is not supported by SmartThings. An app that would allow the Nest to be controlled by SmartThings, as well as pull the temperature data from a Nest thermostat into SmartThings, would be handy.

1 Like

This should help you out :smile:

Sounds good. So that would allow a Nest to integrate OK with SmartThings?

Yep. Itā€™s community supported at the moment. Not official by SmartThingsā€¦ Yet

OK great. Thatā€™ll at least still give our weather community members something to use to integrate their Nests into SmartThings until something more official drops. :slight_smile:

1 Like

By the way, I think our own teams is going to develop the app I mentioned above, so I guess we wonā€™t need outside help for it, but if they run into any issues, I can sure holler. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally off topic: I am looking for a SmartThings app here (see: Hunter SimpleConnect and SmartThings), so if anyone in the developer community is adventurous enough to tackle it, Iā€™d be happy to test it out.

anything new on thisā€¦I check it everyday and still nothing.

1 Like

Any news on this?

Can we expect this to be fixed soon or will it last as the Logitech Home Control that hasnā€™t been working for something like 6 month?