Keypad for my new Samsung Smartthings setup?

Did you go with the ADT Smartthings or the non ADT Smartthings? The ADT panel has a keypad function in the touchscreen.

Failing that, yeah, if you have a 2nd generation Iris keypad, you can add the DTH and use it.

I should mention, many here aren’t super positive about adding on a keypad as it requires multiple setup steps to get it to work as you expect. Folks keep pointing to an app called ActionTiles on a wall mounted tablet, which of course presents its own set of problems, most notably providing consistent power for it meaning it must be mounted near a power outlet, many entryways do not have power close by. And you need to be creative enough to figure out how to attractively mount a tablet to a wall.

Each solution provides its own set of challenges, again which is why I opted for the ADT Smartthings setup with the integrated keypad in the touchscreen…

I am not sure what your concern you are trying to address is so please forgive my flailing to give you a workable answer here, but another thing to consider is a remote button keyfob assigned to the arm / disarm functions in Smart Home Monitor if you are using non ADT…

If you…

A. Have the Iris 2nd generation keypad.
B. Are willing to put the work into getting it running by following the directions and…
C. Aren’t intimidated by configuring custom code setups (it gets easier as you do it more…),

then I would suggest putting a little TLC into getting that Iris keypad going… It’s a good piece of equiment that really ought to be supported out of the box by Smartthings… Of course they don’t build em so…

Anyway here is a good writeup on the whole setup.

Best of luck to you and your project, and please let us know how it comes out!

2 Likes