Keeps asking to Set Location (Air Purifier/Air Quality)

I’m finally able to get the time to write this, but I just wanted the Smartthings team to know that the “Set Location” for the Samsung Air Purifiers keeps asking to be set everytine I click on the device within Smartthings.

I bought 2 Samsung Bespoke air purifiers model: AX350A9350N around Christmas 2022. During setup it ask for your location (for me as I’m in the USA it’s by state) for Outdoor Air Quality. When I first set them up Smartthings worked fine, I would click on the device and they would send you into the device controls/settings menu. But ever since the update in late Dec. 2022 Early Jan 2023, everytime I click on the device now the “Set Location” portion of setup process keeps popping up. I just hit the back button and it removes the pop up and sets the location, but it never used to do this when I first got the units.

P.S. I have removed the devices and readded them; I even tried to clear cache/reinstall Smartthings and that didn’t fix it. I know this is a small bug that was introduced within the past few updates. Lucikly it isn’t hard to bypass. It’s just really annoying when I want to change the run modes or settings on the units I must bypass this pop up everytime I use the app.

I’m sur3 that’s very frustrating. :disappointed_relieved:

This forum was set up several years ago so that smartthings customers could help other customers with the home automation platform. It’s not monitored by smartthings staff, except for things like spam and harassment, and one specific section of the forum, set aside for professional developers.

to report a problem like the one that you’re seeing, use the official support channels at the bottom of the following page, or use “contact us” inside the app.