Kankun Smart Plug

Has anyone successfully configured a Kankun Smart plug (http://www.amazon.com/Intelligent-Smart-Wireless-Android-Smartphone/dp/B00MWR6ZY4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447404134&sr=8-2&keywords=kankun) with SmartThings? Please help.

Anyone, please. Is there a way that I can pair this to SmartThings?

You are in luck, I just got three of these and made a device type for them. You will need to “hack” the outlets to make turn them into outlets you can control via HTTP commands, but it is very easy to do and there is good documentation. After that, you should be able to install my device type and control via ST.

Here is the link to the info

2 Likes

Thanks @allen00se. I will try that when I get home.

It works. Thanks @allen00se

I believe integration was just lost after the SmartThings updates. Please help.

Hi @Knightro I just tried this and it still works…I configured 3 devices and all work flawlessly.

Thank you @allen00se for your code on this… awesome!!

Sorry for not updating immediately. Yes, it’s still working. It was just affected by the updating of SmartThings server then.

1 Like

Is there a way to default the configuration of the unit to off after a power outage. I arrived one time at home finding out that all my aircon connected to kankun were on. I just realized that there was a power outage. All of these plugs were turned off by SmartThings after arming.