Just bought a schlage lock...question

OK @RBoy I just made the jump & thanks. For what Im looking to do, which should I install? I know how to load the dth, just not sure which one to install.
Thanks
Dom

Only other question would be do I need to install the smart app & DTH?

@RBoy sorry i know its the weekend. I just want to make sure I do this right. I have a nurse here now so I want to get started tonight & show my wife how to setup the codes so she can take care of the rest. Thanks

I think the smartapp will give you the functionality you need. I’d suggest you try that first
if you are already using RBoy’s smartapp, you can try his DTH, as well (from http://smartthings.rboyapps.com/ if you purchase it).

Ok I setup the lock with smart app “lock user management”. Only question I have is how can I setup the alarm. I download the schlage dth but I need the universal enhanced zwave dth for that to work. Only other thing I dont know how to do.is setup mobile presence for me to have the door open. Thank you.
Dom

If you have a Schlage Lock and want to configure the built in lock Alarms using the Schlage Alarms SmartApp then you need the Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler to access those features (I believe the app prompts you as well if it doesn’t find a compatible device handler).

For just regular lock programming/scheduling etc with LUM SmartApp it’ll work fine even with the stock handler.

Thanks for your response. Will the enhanced still allow me to setup multiple codes with scheduling & geofencing to open mock when I arrive?

Take a look at the Enhanced ZWave Lock release notes to see what additional features / bugs it fixes on top of the stock device handler.

You’re mixing a few concepts here. DTH don’t have anything to do with presence or geo fencing.

I installed both & no issues. I just didn’t want to mess anything up that’s why I was asking & I read up on Mobil presence & it seems like most people dont recommend it. Now I just have to show my wife how ro setup the codes for the other nurses. Thanks so much.

1 Like

@RBoy I have been using your apps for over a year in the classic app and am opening the new app to see which Devices are working and which are not. For my locks I just get a grey screen . I know you mention your DTH’s should work in the new app. I also notice you say you should load the your custom App through the classic App first and then it should work in the new App but it is not .

What am I missing?

Easiest way is to exclude and re-pair your lock (assuming you’re on the latest DTH).

The other way which works sometimes is to edit your lock in the IDE under My Devices, assign it a different DTH, Save it, then back in and re-assign it the custom DTH and Save it (forces a reload of the DTH)

Thx. Got it to work by assigning a different DTH then going back to yours. Just a small nit-picky comment but I do notice on the new App your DTH is showing a picture of a contact sensor rather than a picture of a lock (see picture - upstairs lock has your DTH , downstairs lock has the generic). Not a showstopper by any means but thought I’d let you know.

Yeah, can’t do much about that yet, since the DTH has multiple capabilities it’s upto ST what icon it picks for the new app. Hopefully one day they’ll actually allow us to customize it like in the Classic app. It’s been on their road map since last year.