Jet Bot with Smart Things - Scheduling Issues

I have a new JetBot VR30T85. The device creates a map of your house. Separates it into rooms. Allows you to send it to a specific room to clean. You can also set up a scheduled cleaning time - but it appears to be only for the entire house. Am I missing something? I can’t figure out how to specify which specific rooms I want to schedule.

Thanks

Hey there! @GotJet, Welcome to the Community! :slight_smile: I’d be happy to provide you with some steps to assist with scheduling a specific room to be cleaned by your Jet Bot. You can set the Jet Bot to clean on a schedule with options for Day, Time, Mode, Suction strength, Cleaning type (room/furniture/area setting).

I wanted to provide you with this troubleshooting article that has additional information on using your specific model: How to Use My Jet Bot With SmartThings?

Note: I wanted to mention that If the Jet Bot is detached from the Docking Station at the scheduled time, the scheduled cleaning does not work. Categories may vary depending on the local circumstances or the Jet Bot model. Available technologies and functions may vary depending on the country, service provider, network environment, or product.

If you still have difficulties with getting the schedule feature set up. You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information for further assistance:

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK support 0333 0000333
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk
CA: support@smartthings.ca

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Well, on my SmartThings app, there is NO option to select individual rooms.

I have attached a screenshot showing all of the available options that I have to choose from.

This is from my Samsung phone. I have SmartThings on my wife’s iPhone and it looks the same.

Yes it certainly says that you can schedule like you said (and what is on that guide) but it does not seem to exist in the app – at least not the version of the app that is available to me here in the US.

Martin

Thank you for providing us with that information, I’m sorry to hear that the concern is persistent.

Additional variables like country, service provider, network environment, or product could also be factors.

At this time I think it would be best to confirm if that product’s technology and functions are available for the “Schedule” category.

I would recommend creating a support ticket, providing the screenshot to inquire about your specific model ability to “Schedule” a room to be cleaned.

You can reach out to US Support using the below information.
US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

@GotJet did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue, I only want to schedule cleaning of my kitchen every night. And other rooms 1-2x a week.

You cant schedule specific rooms. The schedule is only for the entire space. Previous powerbots did the same for scheduling. To clean a specific room you have to do it manually. Don’t know why it wasnt added as an option, it should be possible especially with the enhanced navigation of the map and lidar with the jet bots but sadly it isn’t a feature. (I own the Jet bot Ai+ and Powerbot R9350, and my family has the Jetbot + and scheduling rooms isnt a feature on any of these models.)

Know this is an older topic and my question isn’t directly related, but there seem to be few topics on the Jet Bot and I wanted to add to an existing.

I have a Jet Bot AI+ … I’ve found the SmartThings app to not have nearly the control I would have thought for such an expensive machine. Has anyone found a way to turn off the light while charging? It is fairly bright in a dark room and pretty annoying to my family. For the price, I’d rather not have to resort to electrical tape over the light to tone it down. Even the wall switches I have, the access point, almost everything now allows you to turn off status lights. Is it buried somewhere that I’m just overlooking?

Till you get the answer from Samsung,

the workaround seems to be as follows: -

You may get a smart plug and schedule it to switch it off before your bedtime and switch on at your preferred morning time or an hour or two before your wake-up time. In this last 2 stages of sleep, Jet Bot voice announcements of wake up will not break most people’s sleep in case you prefer not to turn off the voice announcements:-)

Connect this smart plug to your Jet Bot AI+ cleaning station to switch off the power around bedtime which in turn will put the Jet Bot AI+ to sleep mode and wake up again in the morning time.

Of course, Jet Bot would lose some minimal battery charge in the sleep mode, but it can again make it up in the morning.

Hope this workaround helps.

Has anyone tried using action tiles or sharptools to solve this problem?

Any update on the scheduling of specific room not the whole house?
At night i just want to schedule the dining room and kitchen.
Sigh!
Paid way too much money not to have this functionality

1 Like

Any update on the scheduling of specific rooms and not the whole house?

Thanks

Maybe there was some sort of update beacouse I have option to choose specific room in schedule. I live in Poland and I have model: VR30T85513W

Cleaning area is not a provided option on iOS (US). I have the VR50T95 (AI+).

Not available on an android in the US as well, routines and scheduling.

I wonder where we can get an official answer on this. I’d like to know if this is a castration of features for the US or other markets (and why!!!), or if this is simply an oversight and a problem that hasn’t been addressed in 2+ years (this issue is older than this topic).

I can’t believe this still hasn’t been addressed. I need to purchase a second vac, but won’t be picking a Samsung because of this. The vacuum itself works great, but this simple app problem is ridiculous.

1 Like

Totally agree. But, I’ll offer a counter point, and it sucks. I have 3 floors, I really want the main floor cleaned every day and the room with the litter cleaned 3x a day. I moved the Samsung downstairs and got an iRobot s9 for the main floor. This robot has all the features and it worked well. At first.

I’m on my 4th in a year, luckily they replace it, but the hardware is ridiculously faulty. I’m considered putting it in the trash bin it’s so frustrating. Would have been better and cost the same to get two Samsungs for the main floor and dedicate one to litter box room duty.

I can’t believe these companies continue to take out money but can’t provide a complete and working product.