Issue with zwave switch and child mc

The smartthings hub normally associates itself to every available association group when a new device is added to the network, but that doesn’t always happen, especially with the newer generations.

Normally It’s an easy fix. Because associations are stored in the firmware of the device, you can usually add them with one driver, and then switch to a different driver, and the associations should be maintained. (I say should, because there have been a couple of reports of stock edge drivers, which mistakenly reset parameters. But you can always try it and see.)

So…switch the device to Mariano’s zwave configuration tool.

(EDGE Driver-Mc): Z-Wave Device Config Mc

Then, in the app you can add the hub’s network ID to whichever association groups you want to. In this case, based on what Eric wrote, it is Association group 2, not 3.

Then switch back to the edge Driver that you want to use for everyday use.

I recommend deleting the configuration tool from your hub once you are done with it as otherwise, it might accidentally get paired to other new devices.

But as I said, that’s just what normally happens.

I’ve seen lots of comments on lots of different home automation platform boards, that this specific device, the RSM 2+, doesn’t report the second switch action when manually activated. A couple of people said they were able to fix it by adding an endpoint 0 in the lifeline Association group, but that doesn’t make sense to me, so I don’t know.

1 Like