Issue with setup on new Samsung Smart Range

Not sure this is really a good place for this but here goes nothing. Picked up a new Samsung Slide-In Range with SmartThings connectivity. After it got in place, I went through the process in the SmartThings app to connect to wireless, and had no issues. A few hours later, I went to check the app and it said the Range is offline. Went home, tried to tap the Smart Control button to turn Wireless off/on, nothing changed. So I deleted the device in SmartThings and tried to add it again. Now, when I go through the process of connecting the Range to my Wireless network, it doesn’t see the SSID no matter what I do, and manual entry doesn’t work either.

I use an eero system and contacted them to make sure the issue wasn’t on the network and they seen nothing that made them think the issue was with the gateway or extenders. I’ve went through and reset the Smart Connect function on the range but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

I had the same issue. I’m using the eero pro 6. Bad news, The Range will not connect to your Eeros because of the band steering and the fact that you can’t separate your 5GHz and 2.4Ghz bands. Now what I did is I picked up a Netgear Access point and used that as the main connection for the range. Need to keep in mind tho (and Samsung won’t tell you this) the name of the SSID can NOT (yes NOT) have any spaces or special characters. ST app won’t pick up the SSID if you did that. Keep the SSID name simple, one word no spaces, no capitals and you can include numbers if you’d like. I went thru 5 days of researching this and now mine is working just fine with no issues. All of this is because of the update that ST got.

1 Like