Is there a way to convert the ikea driver device into SmartThings?

I have done it for the control outlet but I cannot find informations for this device. Thank you!

Bump. I’m looking to control this too. Hopefully someone in the community has found a solution.

Looks like it’s zigbee light link so even with a DTH for it, it may not work consistently with ST. Considering they are only $20ish, i see no reason why you cant buy one, pair it and write a DTH to share with the community.

EDIT: Disregard. Finally got it to work. See below.

Bump again. Have spent two days trying to pair this driver with no luck. Anyone?

I’m not sure this is what you’re looking for but I was finally able to pair the IKEA driver (10w gray one) with my V1 ST hub. Here’s what I did:

1. Plugged in the driver and turned it off.
  2. Put my ST hub ON TOP of the LED driver with the printed text on the driver pointing up.
  3. Opened the ST app (classic app) and selected Add a Thing.
  4. Reset the driver (paperclip into reset hole) and waited for the light to dim/brighten and then flash once.

ST immediately found the driver and correctly identified it as a ‘TRÅDFRI Driver for wireless control 10W.’ I renamed the device and all is good. I didn’t have to go into the IDE and change the DT or manually ‘look for devices.’

I’d been trying to pair the driver for over 2 hours when this finally worked. The only thing I did differently was to put the hub on top of the driver instead of putting the driver on top of the hub. The technical info that’s written on the driver was facing up when I place it under the hub. I can only guess that the radios have to be practically touching one another for things to work.

I have an IKEA remote but didn’t try to throw that into the equation as I’ll just control the driver with the ST app or Alexa.

THANK YOU! This works perfectly with my 30w driver. This driver is used for cabinet lighting and being able to control it with just the smartthings hub is amazing!

Hey dude, may I ask that can you dim the cabinet light with ST app? If so, is it possible to control the light with app and ikea 5 button remote control at the same time?

Yes, you can control the dim level. Yes multiple controls can control at the same time. So you can have ST and the Ikea controller. This worked well while I had ST. I have moved on to Hubitat for my controller and still use Zigbee to control Ikea. No issues at all.

Thank you so much!

Do you still need the Ikea brand hub in order to update the firmware?