Iris Smart Button

This should help:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I recognize your username from my “Deaf Products” question.

I’ve signed up for a Developer account and I’m working my way through the documentation. I can tell SmartThings is going to be a lot of fun – I’m hooked already.

I’ve been a software engineer for 30 years – I guess I’m not a total Noob.

I plan to work through one of the examples, also work through the info given by@fquick.

I can already imagine my first project – get an Iris pushbutton to turn an LED bulb on and off.

Barry.

1 Like

So the button works.

How about the Key fob?

Yup key fob works also

Same custom device? Recognizes all 4 buttons?

It’s the FOB device type.Here you go

I’m worse than a five-year-old kid waiting for Santa to show up.

I’m eagerly waiting for my SmartThings Home Kit to arrive in the next week or so.

I plan to integrate a button to use as a doorbell

with light bulbs around the house plugged into light socket adapters

I hope to interface a bed shaker to a 12 volt adapter and smart switch

I plan to get one of the Smart Smoke Detectors.

Hopefully I will be able to have the button work as a doorbell. I hope to be able to flash the lights for a minute or so in response to a doorbell press.

If the smoke alarm goes off, I would like to also flash the lights and shake the bed.

It would be nice to have and arrival sensor turn on the lights for a couple minutes. Maybe it’s possible to replace my alarm clock with an alarm that flashes the lights and shakes the bed.

I imagine this plan will require some work to achieve. Does it sound feasible? Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Barry.

1 Like

Has anyone been able to buy these individually yet or just in the kit?

I have so many uses for these but none of my Lowes has ever had them.

I just saw yesterday that two stores by me finally show they have them in stock.

1 Like

Sweet…there is one a little away from me that shows 1. I think I am going to order in online and let them see if they can find it.

Thanks,
Scott

These things must be like Mexican jumping beans.

I managed to order one online yesterday – paid for shipping to my house.

The current online status for my order says “Ready For Pickup” at the store near me.

If I look at the product listing it says it’s unavailable at the store.

Lowes customer phone support is currently closed.

Who knows what’s going on :confounded:. Good luck.

Barry.

If you bought the last one that would make none left in inventory after they got your order.

My wife for me 2 for Christmas that she ordered online. They work great!

Is there any way to adjust Temp. offset on this device type?

Thank you.

I got my SmartThings Home Kit today. I’m up and running with an outlet, multisensor, and two WeMo LED bulbs.

I’m getting some hands-on. I can tell when the garage door is open and I have my dehumidifier scheduled to turn on at 1 AM in turn off at 8 AM – so far so good.

Tomorrow I should be getting an Iris Button. I will be using the custom button code from earlier in this thread. Your FAQ described the procedure perfectly.

Thanks, and Happy New Year.
Barry.

Hmmm… This is a first for me. I looks like I log into the IDE interface, create a new device type under “My Device Types”, copy and paste raw code from GitHub into the tab marked “From Code.” Now what? I was able to add a device in the app, and one time it matched the device type up with the new “my device” type. But all I see is a temp readout. I can’t get the button to do anything. When I look at the logs, it looks like it is seeing some sort of “catchall” when I press the button. But it isn’t recognizing the press as a “button.” Any ideas?

I tried removing the device and adding it again. Now it just says it is an “unidentified thing.”

Thanks!!

How is this button configured to perform an action?

Smart lights smart app or the button controller

1 Like

I wasnt sure if there was an app built for this device. I figured it out last night.

Thanks though!

What is everyones response time? Mine varies from 3 to 7 seconds.