Intermatc ca5100 not working for 3way

After you get to the “code” area of the device type, look in the top right. It should say: “Device Type Examples” with a drop down arrow. Click that, then select your example that you want.

After you’ve done that it’ll show the code for the device type you picked.

At the bottom right should be a red button that says Overwrite.

I’ve found this thread very useful. I’ve got 3 ca5100 devices and was worried they were useless. But following this thread I finally got it working. Thanks a ton!

Using the Z-Wave Switch example for my new custom device type I added this method:

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicSet cmd) {
[name: “switch”, value: cmd.value > 200 ? “on” : “off”, type: “physical”]
}

I’m not sure that the cmd.value > 200 was needed but I noticed it was sending 0 and 255. 0 was probably fine being false.
Anyhow, combining this device type with The Big Switch I can now use the ca5100s to control and lighting in my house.

Thanks again.

I’d like to revisit this device type again. Just picked up one of these and adding above handler got it working physically with a Big Switch variant, but the indicator does not seem to be supported, nor does tapping the switch in the Things panel trigger The Big Switch (only the hardware switch itself).

Any ideas?

Try adding sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on") to the top of the on() method and similar for off().

Thanks @duncan that did the trick. Any thoughts on the indicator status? Currently there is none, and the tile in the device does nothing that I can see.

I also managed to pick up a couple of HA03’s with this switch and, while they’re working fine with the 'Dimmer Switch" device type, their indicators are ‘on when on’ by default and I can not change that behavior either.

Does that device support changing the indicator? Does it say how to do it in the manual or anything? The indicator stuff isn’t a standard Z-Wave thing, it’s a configuration setting specific to GE/Jasco and Evolve/Linear in-wall devices.

You can try this code: https://gist.github.com/mckeed/b30c519f9712d8f97c8d

This I did not know. Documentation is iffy at best, and only with respect to Intermatic controllers. So I suppose it does what it does, and I can live with that.

Thanks

Carl,

I am fairly a novice at this, but am seeking to do the same thing you did. Would you mind posting the full code you used to set up your device switch. I have been unable to get the CA5100 to work with my GE 3-way. Thanks

Device-type is here:

Two questions, I have the CA5100 working on a three-way. it works correctly from the App but it is delayed by about 20 second from the time I switch on or off to the trigger event to occur on the Big Switch. The physical button itself is not doing anything. Any thoughts?

I see a delay here with mine, but nothing like 20 seconds (usually only a second or three).

Have you checked in the IDE to see if you’re getting switch events from your CA5100’s?

Sorry this post is very old. But I have some 5100 and would like to use them. Can you point me in the direction of this shared app. I am a bit of a newbie here so specific help would be much appreciated.