Interesting review of the HE C8

Yep. If people were thinking about using hubitat as a host for Webcore and combining it with their smartthings account, this is a really interesting option now.

Or if they have a galaxy device and want to use the new smartthings station because of the cool galaxy features, but also want to add some Z wave, this would be an interesting option for that. Because this is latest release Z wave, for sure.

BTW, I found it fascinating that over in the hubitat forum the initial posters were all saying they didn’t really care about zwave 800.

I’m like, Say what? Zwave 800 is amaaaazing. :heart_eyes:. But of course I am an engineer. LOL!

I wrote the following in another thread:
—————-

Wow! First zwave 800 hub I’ve seen on the market. Plus first hubitat announcement I’ve seen on future Thread/Matter capability. Plus

free migration tool allows current Hubitat Elevation Model C-5 and Model C-7 owners to transfer all of their automations and Z-Wave and Zigbee devices to the new Model C-8 with just a few clicks. Our Hub Protect subscription service will now support backup and restore of Zigbee radio as well as Z-Wave radio and then entire user setup for C-8.

Put it all together and that’s a hardware-first design with definite power user specs.

I wonder if the next Aeotec/ST hub will jump straight to zwave 800 or go to zwave 700 first? Like the v3, it’s zwave 500 now, which is starting to feel dated for zwave.

Spec comparison for zwave 500 vs 800:

Silicon Labs Community

Definitions:
Software first: “What can we make it do?”
Hardware first: “What can it do efficiently in a production environment?”

2 Likes