Integrate SONOS BEAM with Australian version of ST

Merry Xmas all…
Got a SONOS BEAM for Xmas and like to add it.
I’m on the **Australian **Australian Version of ST which doesn’t show SONOS under “brands”.
Scans nearby - no result
I have added a speaker previously but for the life of me I can’t remember how - I think I used the old App

Hey Christian, I’m in NZ same issue emailed ST but still haven’t heard unsure why it would only support the US seems odd, Did you get yours to work or any workaround?

ASh

Same issue here. Any ideas?

Hi all - The Sonos integration (including the Beam) is supported globally wherever SmartThings hubs are available, which would include the Australia and New Zealand.

I’m not sure why the Sonos logo isn’t showing up in the catalog for the AU and NZ regions, I’ll dig into that. For the interim, you should be able to add Sonos devices by clicking on “Scan Nearby” under the “Device Add” menu. Alternatively you can click on another brand logo that will trigger LAN discovery on the hub, e.g. Bose or Belkin Wemo. If you are still experiencing issues, send me a DM and I can investigate further.

Barry

1 Like

Hi all, same problem here in NZ too.

I used to be able to discover and connect to Sonos amps with Smartthings classic but never in the new app.

As others have said, there is no Sonos icon in the “By Brand” tab when you try to add a device.

When you choose “Scan Nearby”, it does find Sonos equipment but it must only be via Bluetooth because you get a message saying these devices will only work when the phone is nearby.

Given there’s no Sonos Icon in the Aus/NZ app but it does appear in other geographies, it does appear to be a bogus geo-fencing issue.

Hi Barry, tried to send you a DM but received a message “sorry, you can’t DM that user”

You cannot send DMs as a new user. You need to have some rank on the forum to be able to do that.

Tagging @BarryA just for sure to receive a notification.

1 Like

Sonos is supported and supposed to be available globally so it must be geo locked in the app.

Here’s 2 screenshots of the SmartThings app, one from New Zealand (and I assume it’s the same in Australia) which doesn’t show Sonos as an available Brand and the other from Smartthings USA which does show Sonos as an available Brand.