Inovelli Out Of Stock?

Hi Eric,

I stumbled on to Inovelli while researching smart switches for a new home. These look awesome and I’d love to retrofit the whole house with them.

However, I can’t seem to figure out a way to actually pre order them at the moment, and was worried for a second that they were no longer on the market (which is how I found this thread).

Any way you could direct me how I can actually order these? Would love to jump on it while they’re still on the pre order price!

Joe

1 Like

It is definitely a fun project and I appreciate all the inputs everyone gives. I truly feel like it’s a collaborative project. Believe it or not, my strength is not the technical side either so it’s cool to be able to take these ideas to the engineers and have them explain it to me why or why not it would work.

Anyway, I’ll keep everyone posted on the progress – we should have our first official rendering this week and a 3D CAD file by the 26th with a mockup sample delivered by August 2nd. We’ll see, this is a major project and very complex.

Thanks again and more to come!

EDIT: We got them earlier than expected – here’s the first round rendering. They may change slightly due to electrical component testing, but not by much:

2 Likes

Hey @Joseph_Song – hey, I appreciate the kind words, that means a lot!

Yeah, we shut down pre-orders last week as we had to give the manufacturer a final count since they are moving to production shortly.

Shoot me a PM though and I’ll make sure you get the pre-order price. Happy to help!

Have an awesome night!

Eric

1 Like

That rendering looks nice and like it will go well with your new dimmer switches that are supposed to come out soon. From looking at it, it looks like there are two on/off buttons, one for the light kit and one for the fans, plus little up/down buttons on the side of each one for manual dimming/fan speed adjustment. Is that correct?

Speaking of the dimmer switches, what’s the status of when those are going to be released? I’ve been eyeballing them for months because they look like a great solution for a 3-way w/ neutral set of ceiling can led lights that I have at the top of my stairs.

1 Like

Hey @Kyle1977 – Thanks, I appreciate it! You’re correct, the main square buttons are for On/Off for both the fan and light, whereas the toggles on the left are to dim up/down the lights and increase/decrease the fan speed.

Great question on the release dates for dimmer switches – they should start mass production here in 2-2.5 weeks (I’m being told the 14th of August) so I would guess based on that, we’ll see them the first week of September!

1 Like

Sounds great. Do you have any concept of when you’re shooting to have the fan switches available? While I would have loved to seen a more universal fan/light wall switch become available, the effort to switch out the fan controller as well as the switch will probably be worth it for a couple of my fans in main areas that I use a lot because right now I have the Bond controlling most of my fans, which is better than nothing, but is limited in many ways that a Z-Wave product wouldn’t be.

Is it correct to assume that the switch will only be able to control one light kit? One of my fans that I would like to get Z-Wave functionality with has separate up and down light kits.

Yeah totally - so right now we’re being told around Christmas time for the Fan & Light switch combo. Now, take that with a grain of salt as we were promised 3.5 months for our Dimmer Switches and we’re now pushing about 6 months since kickoff.

I do feel more optimistic about this project as the team has really started to mesh and we know our quirks, but I’ve also learned my lesson to not promise release dates, even if they’re estimated as I’ve been dragged through the ringer in a few other forums!

I think so? I’m not too sure what this means but I’m curious to learn!

I won’t drag you, I promise! Just curious about when you’re trying to get the product out there. I think it will be a good addition to the marketplace.

As to the light kits, it’s not super common, but some ceiling fans have two separate light kits. One is the standard kit that hangs below the fan. The other is typically more of an ambiance light that is above the fan and shines up on the ceiling. For the one I have, there are two separate light control buttons on the wall control.

This isn’t the greatest example, but this one has two light kits:

https://www.lampsplus.com/products/54-inch-craftmade-cortana-in-peruvian-with-crystal-ceiling-fan__28c11.html

@Eric_Inovelli
Since you’re going to have a double switch light/fan combo which is like a double dimmer, will you also have a double light dimmer or double light switch?
I think many people would like that.

For mine, both light kits are on dimmers.

We’re not talking about the same thing.
2019-07-26_8-01-23

I see an Amazon vendor Eva Logik, that has what looks like the Inovelli dimmer I’m looking for. Is this a copy-cat? or merely re-branded?

Yeah, you’d likely be safe with that – it’s our old manufacturer (we went to a new one). I don’t know what firmware they put on there, but if I had to take a guess they just used our old firmware that we developed together (not salty about it or anything… bad break-up if you’re picking up what I’m putting down).

Long story short, you should fine with that dimmer!

Hey @NomadTech – we’re entertaining the idea, yeah. In fact, there have been quite a few people reach out to me for it and it was the first topic of discussion in our forum: https://community.inovelli.com/t/two-dimmer-switches-single-gang/26

I think the idea is picking up steam – and I definitely would like the team to explore it as an option for 2020.

@Kyle1977 – I started a thread in our own community that will keep you updated on the project status as well as gave you a shoutout for the Universal Compatibility idea (https://community.inovelli.com/t/fan-light-switch-project-hurricane/23)!

Looks awesome. Even without my crazy idea not being feasible the product looks like it will be great.

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli - Your new dimmers with the LED bar look quite impressive. I am currently using the Homeseer WD200+ series and love the ability to set each LED to a different color as a notification. I can see when each externally facing access point is open via the 7 individually controllable LEDs. For a number of reasons I was looking at other options… but I can’t tell if your dimmer allows to control the color of each LED or if it is just one giant notification LED. Keep up the Innovation!

Hey @aruffell - thanks for the compliment, I sincerely appreciate it!

Yeah, those HomeSeer ones are pretty sweet. I do see the benefit of having different notifications showing at once, however, we opted for a more blended design with the LED bar to give it a modern look.

But, the more I’m thinking about this, the way we created the LED’s blended was via a plastic insert on the switch paddle. So, what we could do, since the LED’s are individually addressable, is create a separate paddle that you can put on the switch to give it a more defined effect where you can see each of the LED’s.

I’m still checking into whether or not each LED can show different notifications as I don’t know if we were able to get that level of granularity since we maxed out the memory on the Z-Wave chip (crazy, I know… We actually had to add a separate MCU to handle the basic functionality). If not, then we can definitely add this to the V2 of the switches when the 700 Series chip is put in as it has way more memory.

BTW, I’m definitely adding this to our community as it’s an excellent idea that I think we can easily implement.

Here’s where I’ll put it and tag you :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the comment, I really appreciate it!

Eric

PS - I guess I should answer your question lol - it will be one giant notification. But you can have it show multiple notifications at once.

@Eric_Inovelli - thank you for considering the suggestion and thoughtful answer. I spent a lot on updating all of my dimmers and ran into many compatibility and dimming performance issues. Having changes the lights suffering the most, things have settled down but I am always on the lookout for alternatives and yours appears to be the best, especially if I can retain the ability to use the individual LEDs for various notifications.

Example of one of my notifications (2nd led is patio door, and is solid when open during the day, and blinking at night):

Replacing the faceplate sounds like a great option so you can get the best of both worlds.

I am excited be the possibilities of the 700 series as it is not the first time I hear that the memory and processor capabilities of the 500 series are max’d out. Incidentally this is the same issue Homeseer mentioned having when other users asked for adjustable ramp rates and features of this nature.

@Eric_Inovelli so if I’ve read this right no more NZW31S will be produced? I had 2 of these fail both with the same problem, 3 way switching stopped working with a dumb remote switch.

I raised a ticket and about a month later and lots of chasing I received 1x on/off switch in my mailbox.

For the garage I’ve been coping with not having the remote, but for the kitchen it sucks to have to use the app to turn my cabinet lights on and off

Sucks even further than I can’t even buy a replacement now if these have been discontinued. What’s a realistic date for having any sort of dimmer with scenes available?

The dimmers should be available by the end of this month according Eric on their community site. They have an update on production and shipping with first wave preorders I believe already going out with a handful going Amazon with a second wave coming the beginning of Nov.

To everyone else, I got the red series on/off with scenes and…holy hell…with webcore it’s amazing what you can do. I have one switch that is controlling multiple RGB strips and bulbs, color matching, step dimming, on/off control all from the ONE switch.

Customer support has been amazing and the folks over at Inovelli are working on some cool products as well coming down the pipe. I would suggest hopping over to their community forum and see what they are up to!