Inovelli Out Of Stock?

@Eric_Inovelli - Your new dimmers with the LED bar look quite impressive. I am currently using the Homeseer WD200+ series and love the ability to set each LED to a different color as a notification. I can see when each externally facing access point is open via the 7 individually controllable LEDs. For a number of reasons I was looking at other options… but I can’t tell if your dimmer allows to control the color of each LED or if it is just one giant notification LED. Keep up the Innovation!

Hey @aruffell - thanks for the compliment, I sincerely appreciate it!

Yeah, those HomeSeer ones are pretty sweet. I do see the benefit of having different notifications showing at once, however, we opted for a more blended design with the LED bar to give it a modern look.

But, the more I’m thinking about this, the way we created the LED’s blended was via a plastic insert on the switch paddle. So, what we could do, since the LED’s are individually addressable, is create a separate paddle that you can put on the switch to give it a more defined effect where you can see each of the LED’s.

I’m still checking into whether or not each LED can show different notifications as I don’t know if we were able to get that level of granularity since we maxed out the memory on the Z-Wave chip (crazy, I know… We actually had to add a separate MCU to handle the basic functionality). If not, then we can definitely add this to the V2 of the switches when the 700 Series chip is put in as it has way more memory.

BTW, I’m definitely adding this to our community as it’s an excellent idea that I think we can easily implement.

Here’s where I’ll put it and tag you :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the comment, I really appreciate it!

Eric

PS - I guess I should answer your question lol - it will be one giant notification. But you can have it show multiple notifications at once.

@Eric_Inovelli - thank you for considering the suggestion and thoughtful answer. I spent a lot on updating all of my dimmers and ran into many compatibility and dimming performance issues. Having changes the lights suffering the most, things have settled down but I am always on the lookout for alternatives and yours appears to be the best, especially if I can retain the ability to use the individual LEDs for various notifications.

Example of one of my notifications (2nd led is patio door, and is solid when open during the day, and blinking at night):

Replacing the faceplate sounds like a great option so you can get the best of both worlds.

I am excited be the possibilities of the 700 series as it is not the first time I hear that the memory and processor capabilities of the 500 series are max’d out. Incidentally this is the same issue Homeseer mentioned having when other users asked for adjustable ramp rates and features of this nature.

@Eric_Inovelli so if I’ve read this right no more NZW31S will be produced? I had 2 of these fail both with the same problem, 3 way switching stopped working with a dumb remote switch.

I raised a ticket and about a month later and lots of chasing I received 1x on/off switch in my mailbox.

For the garage I’ve been coping with not having the remote, but for the kitchen it sucks to have to use the app to turn my cabinet lights on and off

Sucks even further than I can’t even buy a replacement now if these have been discontinued. What’s a realistic date for having any sort of dimmer with scenes available?

The dimmers should be available by the end of this month according Eric on their community site. They have an update on production and shipping with first wave preorders I believe already going out with a handful going Amazon with a second wave coming the beginning of Nov.

To everyone else, I got the red series on/off with scenes and…holy hell…with webcore it’s amazing what you can do. I have one switch that is controlling multiple RGB strips and bulbs, color matching, step dimming, on/off control all from the ONE switch.

Customer support has been amazing and the folks over at Inovelli are working on some cool products as well coming down the pipe. I would suggest hopping over to their community forum and see what they are up to!