Inovelli dual channel outlet issues

Working great the last three times. I guess it was a one channel timing issue.

Great, my guess is that it is a ā€œrace conditionā€ within the SmartThings platform. Since their are a lot of reports coming through the SmartThings cloud and being processed, the timing of the reports is getting processed so that they get out of sync. Increasing the auto off time is making things spaced out enough that they are getting recorded in the correct order.

I thin we are lucky that SmartThings is even functioning. This week and the last part of last week there isnā€™t a day that one or more devices go offline but yet work within the app and even ActionTiles. They show offline on my app and the IDE. Then in a few minutes to an hour they are back online. And if not offline messages of not reporting.

@Eric_Inovelli @erocm1231 As I understand if I am correct, if this Smart plug losses power it will return to the state it was in before the loss of power, is that correct? If not can this be added to the Device Type Handler?

Hey Joel, yes this is correct, it will return to the last state after a power outage.

Thank you, that is great.

Is anyone else having problems with the dual outlet using the device handlers from @erocm1231 ?
It no onger shows the correct status in smartthings and I can not control the outlets individually. It is always showing as on all the time (but it is off) so in order for me to actually turn it on i have to tap off (will show as ā€œturning offā€ indefintely) and then tap again to trigger it on. I still have the dual switch device handler and the child device handler installed and have not changed them, so unsure why it is no longer working.
I have even tried deleting and re-adding the device handlers and still the same issue. So it appears a problem with the device handlers.

Anyone know what is wrong?

Good morning,

Weā€™ll take a look at it. I wonder if there was an update recently. I havenā€™t been receiving any emails from people experiencing this, but hopefully this is not a sign to come :confused:

Hang in there, weā€™ll figure it out!

Edit: Iā€™ve seen in some other conversations today that possibly Device Health got toggled on. Can you check that and turn it off if it came back on?

Sounds more like the general issue that happens with ST where the status updates for devices are slow to update. A manual refresh in the app usually sorts it out - sometimes it take many refreshes.

Itā€™s a ST issue. I see it for other devices also.

Actually I recently turned device health off. It has been on and I was getting sick of random devices showing offline when they werenā€™t. Anyway, toggling it on or off at this point has no effect on this issue.

Bummer, ok, I shot a note to the other Eric and weā€™ll take a look into it.

Thanks, when I get a chance Iā€™ll try moving it to another party of the house. Not sure what else to try.

Honestly nothing. As noted above, this is a ST issue. Nothing to do with the device or handler.

What you were explaining looked like a different issue than I am experiencing. First of all, it is only this one device that has the problem. Second, the updates are not slow, they donā€™t update at all.

I am mainly looking in here to see if others are having the same issue that I am with this dual outlet. If so then I would know itā€™s not my issue, if not then it is probably something I am doing wrong.

Hey Jared,

Can you PM me or reach out to contact@inovelli.com? We all tested our 2-Channels on our end with the handler and couldnā€™t find anything wrong with them.

Weā€™d be happy to log at the logs as well as get you a replacement to see if the new one we send acts up as well on your system.

Hang in there, weā€™ll get you up and running!

Eric

Thanks. I got sufficiently pissed off at this thing this morning. I thought I would try excluding it and adding it again to see if that fixes the problemā€¦
Well, no amount of button pushing would make it show in the exclusion list so I just went in to the ide and deleted it from there.
Big mistake because now no amount of button pushing would get it to show up in add a thing. Itā€™s plugged in to the closest outlet to my hub and nothing. So now I canā€™t control it at all. :cry:

Yikes. Can you reach out to me and Iā€™ll send a replacement?

Iā€™ll send a return label as well so I can take a look to see whatā€™s going on with it if youā€™d like.

Does the LED light come on when you push it?

Do an exclusion from smart app on phone. It also takes more then on push to activate. Then do another add.

Yeah thatā€™s what I was trying but it would not show up.