IKEA Trådfri

Try pressing the reload button in the DTH, it might be that the reporting intervall is not set or something, this is a bit outside of my knowledge though

I think that’s a bug in the SmartThings app I’ve had it on all my devices now for a few months , I’ve submitted a bug report and they said they’re looking into it lol.
I’m on android I find if I force close the app and when i reopen it’s corrected itself.
Also on the new dashboard layout on the favourites section that always shows the correct status even if it’s displaying wrong in "things"
You can also get more confirmation if you’re in action tiles as that seems to always be the correct status.

Thanks for the info. I will try force restart and see if that help. I don’t use actiontiles at the moment.

I don’t mean restart your phone if that’s what you think lol
Just the force close option in the app settings :slight_smile:

Yes. I got it. I was going to force restart the app :slight_smile: and not the phone…

1 Like

are the US TRÅDFRI bulbs 220-240v compatible?

its not yet available in my country. I’m considering to ship some over.

I only see the voltage listed once place, on the box, and it says 120V ~60 hz so probably not.

You should be able to use UK version if that’s your voltage.

US TRÅDFRI is 100-120v only.
I thought Ikea is from Sweden so their bulb would work with EU voltage.
So I have tried one of them with 220v and it died after 30 seconds :joy:

Why can’t you guys order from Sweden or some other 220V country in this case? Wouldn’t it be faster than ordering from the US?

thank you all for the fast info.

USA has the many forwarding agents to trans-ship goods on your behalf. There are many players, hence prices are competitive.

I dont think there is any economical forwarders in Sweden to forward to Asia region.

Hi Guys, I had to reset couple of my tradfri bulbs and after the reset I am unable to add them back to smartthings. Anyway I can get these added to smartthings again?

PS. I was finally able to pair the bulbs. I had to turn off 1 bulb then the other one paired fine. The second one didn’t pair after many tries. I had to disconnect it from the holder and connect it closer to the hub to pair.

I cannot for the life of me connect my steering remote. I followed the instructions here and my SmartThings hub finds no things.

The bulbs are connected. These steering remotes were originally paired to ikea gateway, but I reset them (4 times click and red light), removed battery, reset again. Then tried to pair after waiting 20 seconds post reset . I hit add thing in the Smart Things app, then hit pairing button on remote for >15 seconds while holding remote very close to hub. After 20+ seconds, I reset the remotes and try again.

I do have the 1000 lumen bulbs paired as dimmers, but this shouldn’t affect spotting a “thing”. Also, I do not see the remotes flashing a light or anything aside from when I reset them - should they?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I read through all 272 posts multiple times and checked Reddit forum and found nothing of note :frowning: .

The far as i know there is no DH for remotes, not the wheel or the 5button remote.

I had no problem connecting my IKEA bulbs but gave up on the remotes.
I went Back to HUE!

Hope someone Will spend the time to make a DH for the remotes someday.

Kenivbjo

Sendt fra min iPhone

Den 19. jul. 2017 kl. 19.52 skrev Terpfan2011 <smartthings@discoursemail.commailto:smartthings@discoursemail.com>:

[https://avatars.discourse.org/v2/letter/t/4af34b/45.png] Terpfan2011https://community.smartthings.com/u/terpfan2011
July 19

I cannot for the life of me connect my steering remote. I followed the instructions here and my SmartThings hub finds no things.

The bulbs are connected. These steering remotes were originally paired to ikea gateway, but I reset them (4 times click and red light), removed battery, reset again. Then tried to pair after waiting 20 seconds post reset . I hit add thing in the Smart Things app, then hit pairing button on remote for >15 seconds while holding remote very close to hub. After 20+ seconds, I reset the remotes and try again.

I do have the 1000 lumen bulbs paired as dimmers, but this shouldn’t affect spotting a “thing”. Also, I do not see the remotes flashing a light or anything aside from when I reset them - should they?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I read through all 272 posts multiple times and checked Reddit forum and found nothing of note [:frowning:] .

Shouldn’t it still connect? I don’t need the remote to message the hub (this would be ideal, but not needed).

This post describes how to pair the remote. That is where I am having the issue.

Someone made a simple device handler for the remote. All it does is report the battery level. It does at least give them a name when paired.

Wish I could help you getting yours paired but you seem to be doing everything correctly. It’s possible you paired it and didn’t know it. Try pairing with a light bulb. If it pairs to the bulb without stealing it away from smartthings then it was already paired to smartthings.

Ok, I’ll try this. Is there a way to add the remote manually?

Edit: Hmm that didn’t work either. I have two remotes and neither is showing up. Where did you all hold your remote when pairing in relation to the smart hub (I moved it 2cm around the whole thing). Also is it face down or back up.

In pairing these remotes to the lights before I got hub, I really had to get close to bulb.

So two things that I had trouble with when pairing my remotes:

1. the “4 times in 5 seconds” seems to need the almost whole 5 seconds to actually reset. Meaning, take your time and count 1-1000, 2-1000, etc as you do it.

2. it took waaaaaay longer than 15 seconds and I literally had to have one of them touching the hub before “thing” showed up in the app.

Not saying you were doing anything differently. Just sharing my experience.

While I hated the pairing process and dread ever having to do it again, I can say that once they are paired, I love these lights. They are so much more reliable than the OSRAMs I which I had never bought.

Thank you for the tips :smile:

1. Luckily, I didn’t have this problem. The remotes seem to reset for me fine if I rapidly press it (assuming the rapid blinking red light meant reset).

2. Ill try it for a minute or two instead of 15 seconds then. You held down the paring button that long I assume?

Also, as an aside I cannot seem to pair the remote with lights that are paired to the SmartThings hub (maybe this is by design). Or in other words, the remote won’t let me steal from the hub or work in conjunction. If I reset the bulbs, then it easily pairs.