Ikea Tradfri Remote Control

Look under the Lighting. IKEA Tradfri driver for wireless control is still there… (at least in the Android app.) Hahaha…

What did i miss? Why wouldn’t it be?

Isn’t that supposed to be the remote/button “driver”? Or why is the driver for wireless remote and the separate remote/button category then?

the driver is an LED power supply basically

1 Like

Funny. I learn every day a new thing. I thought someone had a weird naming idea for remotes and buttons as “driver for wireless control”. I paired through that the first buttons. :laughing:

Honestly the split of products idea is dull, when it gives you a DH automatically even you selected the wrong product.

I think its more for a “catalog” function so a user can tell which products from that brand work with SmartThings since not all of them do.

Not sure if this info is helpful or not but I’m using Tradfri bulbs and outlets with a V1 hub without any problems. Not sure what versions they are but they were purchased within the last 12 months.

2 Likes

OK, I’ve held my breath long enough…

Does anyone have any opinion in adding a secondary hub (v3) and pairing this button to it, and control devices in my original ADT hub? All in one location.

@JDRoberts, do you have any experiences with multiple hub on same location and cross controlling devices? Maybe WebCoRE? Please see the above post for the original question.

Two hubs on one account location, regardless of her model is officially not recommended as multiple issues can occur over time. For one thing, third parties like echo, Google assistant, and Ifttt get confused.

(The exception is the mesh Wi-Fi models which have “sub hubs,” but that’s a whole different architecture.)

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002084806

Note: It is not recommended to add a SmartThings Hub to a Location with an existing Hub.

Why not use a smartthings brand button instead? It should work with the ADT hub and it’s quite inexpensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SmartThings-GP-U999SJVLEAA-One-Touch-Appliances/dp/B07F8ZFFQK

1 Like

My reason is why settle for one button when you could have 5. Or, in the case of the symfonisk remote, you can (hopefully) have the dial work too.

Also, it is still unclear if the ADT hub has support for the multicast binding messages…if anyone knows, please advise.

Because I already have 2 of these buttons and I figured getting a v3 hub would add some future proofing since the ADT hub is EOL.

1 Like

It is a zegbee device, I’ve made a very raw handler for it, you can try: https://github.com/lap33733/Smartthings/tree/master/devicetypes/smartthings/ikea-symfonisk-button.src

3 Likes

Got the DH installed and it seems to be working even with the ADT hub. I did get two error messages in the live log but haven’t seen any more since.

error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot execute null+[zdo bind 0x2C7B 0x01 0x01 0x0008 {14B457FFFE6633C1} {}, delay 2000, st cr 0x2C7B 0x01 0x0008 0x0000 0x20 0x0001 0x0E10 {01}, delay 2000] @line 255 (configure)``

and

error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: event for class: script_dth_8140f5cbdbd73abd4dbd4fda330eee20165b70da22ff94dac38ce1d54312f87d @line 98 (parse)

Edit: The more I have used the remote, the more I see this second error message complaining about line 98. Thanks for posting your device handler, it has made my remote actually useable with ST. If you need me to debug anything, I’m more than happy to.

Ideally, I’d like to use the symfonisk to dim a light, but can’t figure out how to do that just yet. Something similar to what is already possible with the tradfri dimmer remote.

tested the DH with my v1 hub, no luck… not even anything in the log besides the battery status :frowning:

I will check the error. To use it for light, just use smart lighting smartapp with mirror function

1 Like

I’m very sorry it doesn’t work with v1, it should work though. I have v2, so can’t debug it, is the button paired with hub? Did you pick the right handler for the device?

Error at line 98 should be fixed now

1 Like

Error at line 98 should be fixed now

Can confirm. Thank you once again!!!

Tried the mirror function in the Smart Lighting app, but it just wasn’t responsive enough to be usable at this time. The button clicks register lightning fast, but the dial movements seem to be hit or miss. I’m just happy it’s come as far as it has already, and in such a short period of time. I will surely be monitoring progress as we go forward. Thanks, Luis!