Ikea Symfonisk Controller

No, it is not intented to work with them… I didn’t have them so I wasn’t able to work on that :frowning_face:

Thank you for your work on this!I am still going to try and make one work for my outdoor RGB bulbs and pathway lights. Currently I have no physical way to manipulate them and rely on scenes and routines in smart things. If I can mount this next to my front door it will make it a lot easier. Just wish I had bought it in white!

Cool, which kind of bulb you have? I would also need some outdoor bulbs in my new apartment so I am also interest to buy some… and get it working with Symfonisk :grinning:

SYLVANIA SMART+ ZigBee Bulb, Color Changing, Works with SmartThings, Wink, and Amazon Echo Plus, Hub needed for Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0197840KQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gc-2DbBGK73MJ
For the porch lights and these along walkway
SYLVANIA LIGHTIFY ZigBee Outdoor Light Gardenspot Starter Kit, 9 Color Changing and Dimmable LED Spots, Works with SmartThings, Wink, and Amazon Echo Plus, Hub Needed for Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R1PB2ZY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tj-2DbKSEDSA7

hmm, I dont see an option to group within Smartthings. I use the sonos app to group my speakers. Do you think you can add a grouping option within your smart app - the 3 speakers I group usually stay the same

Thanks!

I can confirm the controller worked for controlling a grouping of these Sylvania lights (3x bulbs and a set of Gardenspots). Cycled through colors, turned on/off, and controlled brightness. :+1:
Next step is to find a smartapp that works for your DH and standard bulbs so that my wife can have bedside control.

So using basic Smart Lighting commands I am able to use the Symfonisk (we really need to agree on an abbreviation. SymCon?) Controller to work a standard zigbee bulb.

The first is to Mirror Behavior. This allows it to act as a dimmer. Unfortunately dimming to 0% effectively turns it off which means simply turning back on will lead to its last state. So the second command must be created- Turn On & Set Level.

I keep it at 20 so as not to be blinding when turned back on but you can set whatever. Also keep in mind that operating the dimmer dial in the off state will trigger the light to turn back on. :man_shrugging:
All in all, it’s clunky but it works. At least until a dedicated smartapp is written to cover a broader use case. Thanks again for the awesome DH! :clap:

1 Like

Thanks @Waldo68, I will have a look to that smartapp later and add the support directly in my smartapp :+1:

1 Like

I added support for multiple sonos devices in the smartapp. Can you @ranova check if/how it works. Idea is that one device works as a master and additional sonos devices are controlled accordingly.

1 Like

hmm. how do I add your smart app to the new SmartThings app running Android. I have addeded in the Groovy IDE, and all looks fine.

Hi Jusa, I’m trying to install your smartapp directly from yout repo but it is being “skipped due to errors.” The error is:

Updated 0 and created 0 SmartApps (1 skipped due to errors)

Do you know what is going on?

I give up.

I have a IKEA symfonisk controller and have installed the device handler and app. Both are published.

I cant find a way to pair it using the new Smartthings app. I cant find the device under IKEA menu, where is it located.

Please advice a newbee…

@lgLindstrom, Just try to pair any device. Like, choose the IKEA remote. The hub goes into pairing mode and then you can do the button press on the device to pair it.
If the DH has the correct fingerprint the system will assign it correctly to your device.
Give a try and please report back if it wasn’t working.

Done, got it to work.
I am planning to command 3 bulbs ( placed in the roof ), is there a option for that ??
The way I use your App, only one bulb is possible.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, I was moving and I had very limited possibility use Internet but now its getting better.

Anyhow, You should be able to use multiple bulbs with the smartapp, just select multiple of them

Greetings,

Thanks so much for the work you put in to get this going!

I’ve found a bug. Initially I remember assigning power state to button press when I first paired the remote. Then after I remembered to use the smart app and set that up I went back to remove the first config but the button press config was gone. Now when I press the button to pause it starts playing immediately after pausing. I’ve tried deleting the smart app in smart things and deleting and repairing the remote. Any advice?

@shooolme, Look into your Automations. If the button press is not there, then report it to support, that you have a ghost automation related to your button press and want it to be removed.

1 Like

Hi - thank you for your work on this.

I am able to pair successfully, and can see success messages in the log when I press, double press, and triple press the button. But, when I try to turn the knob, I see errors in the log and the level doesn’t change:

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 2.37.02 PM

I’m using a v1 hub - any thoughts/suggestions?

I current have a Tradfri wireless dimmer (the white, squarish one) stuck on a wall and use it as switch/dimmer for two (simply white, non-RGB) Tradfri lights in a room.

Would it be possible to use the Symfonisk Controller instead for that purpose, ideally also being able to control the (two) lights separately? For example: clicking the Symfonisk Controller would change (“select”) the light being controlled, and turning it would control the brightness of that single (“selected”) light?

By the way, is the Symfonisk Controller (I don’t have it yet) more precise than the old (yellow/black) Tradfri puck dimmer? That was pretty unreliable, wasn’t it? Thanks!

Got me a little ikea volume controller today. Sadly black as they didn’t have any white but for 15 I just wanted to try it out.
Top work on the app and DH.
Is it possible to adjust the amount the volume is adjusted In relation to the Rotary movement? For me the volume jumps are a little too big and would like to make them smaller.
Cheers.