Ikea Styrbar Remote

yes, you have re-assign all the lights to the new driver manually

Success, thank you both.
Now I just have to figure out those Mariano’s settings, there are too much of them and what ever I change, I see no changes in execution :D:D:D

1 Like

Please see this post, I plan to stop developing this Styrbar driver and focus on the combined driver here

I have added support for Styrbar, but I have massively improved the group binding capability in the new driver

Settings are at the end of the settings Page

Yes yes, I found them, I just have to figure them out, as some doesn’t work as I was hoping that they would. Not there’s anything wrong, just when I change some numbers I don’t see any reaction acording to set timers. Never mind, I will play with settings for a while and if I still don’t get expected result, I’ll ask for help again :slight_smile:

But now, I will switch to new topic as suggested above.

Thank you all

1 Like

hi there, i am struggling to add the Ikea Styrbar remote. I accepted the invite, how do I know the driver is installed. I have scanned nearby devices and it isn’t found

Thanks

Have you installed the driver? You have to do that as well as accept the invite.

Pairing on the styrbar can be tricky,

Be close to your hub ( the closer the better)

Make sure you are correctly getting the remote into pairing mode - the light in the remote should flash. To get into pairing mode you have to press the button approx 5 times, but much quicker than you imagine.

Louis

Yes driver installed as well…

OK will re-try closer to hub thanks

1 Like

Pairing should work whether you have the driver or not, it should still add

No still not adding it as far as i can see

Check in ‘no room assigned’ as sometimes the devices add but only stay on screen momentarily.

Make sure the light is flashing to show it is in pairing mode.

Other than that you may have a dud. I presume you already know how to pair and reset the device?

Yes light was flashing. It flashes a few times, then goes off then fades up and down during pairing.

I see one in unassigned, trying to see if it is this one

looks like it has now added. BUT cannot get it to control a light in my house?

How are you trying to control?

Standard setup, group bind or device bind.

Standard setup is the easiest

i went into the styler device then clicked button one when pressed, allocated a bulb, said for it to turn on.

Is that right

See photo

Yes, that is correct

You could also try a routine but what you have done should be working

1 Like

Is this correct for the driver

That is the driver this thread is about, you should be able to test if the driver is working by opening the device in the app and pressing the buttons on the remote. The buttons should highlight yellow in the app when the corresponding button is pressed.

2 Likes