Ikea starkvind

Hi all,

I planning on buying the IKEA starkvind purifier. I have a Philips now, but adding a new one is twice the price and filters are 3x more expensive.

I was wondering if there are integrations into smartthings (hub v3). I can’t seem to find any topics on it here. There is a zigbee2mqtt integration that I have found, but no idea how that works with smartthings…

Can you guys enlighten me?

For now… The table version is nice to look at, so that’s my choice.
It’s shows up alright and it gives me “Z-wave sensor” - However it’s a zigbee-router, so that can’t be correct (And it has zigbee on the box).

Somehow the sensor should be giving it data on the air quality. I don’t think it is able to switch the device on/off (that would have been nice - window open > device off) since it’s a physical nob.

I’ll have a look if I can get it going with my own code, but it’s my first and don’t expect anything but the measurements. If you are more experienced, please let me know.

I have the Meross Wifi Air Purifier. It works with ST.

2 Likes

This problem almost always occurs because the author of the device handler/edge driver, who could be a smartthings staff person, made a typo in the “fingerprint” of a device, so that it picked up the wrong match. Like coding the wrong model number. :thinking:

That’s a nice machine. However not sold here and excluding import duties its already twice the price.

I’ll give it a go this my own coding.

1 Like

Did you by any chance manage to write a new device handler? I cannot seem to find a specific device handler to have the Ikea Starkvind properly work with Smartthings and being able to operate it from the app.

I’ve not come around it yet. Still on my todo list though.

1 Like

Ok, please let me know if you manage to do it. I am interested.

Anything new @atroxmons ? Did you get it working?

I managed to get to the point where i think it is possible, but my coding skills are to limited to get it done.

I manage to make a driver but can only turn starkvind to on/off, auto and 3 speeds. Still trying to figure it out. I would like to also get readings of sensors.
If you have any info, can you share it with me? Maybe it helps me a little.

1 Like

Can you share your beta driver? Something partially working is better than nothing.

Here is the invite link: Beta STARKVIND Edge driver

Using you beta driver I get this? did you ever do any more work on this ??
Thanks.
Error changing device driver to “STARKVIND”. Ensure that the driver you are trying to change to has a valid fingerprint match with this device

Hey @Mark_in_the_house,
Can you explain how to update the device fingerprint?
I’ve been very curious to your driver but until now have been unable to use it.

Thanks so much
Greetings
Robin

@colcaff
I will look into it. Maybe today, if i fix it than it should update itself. Its strange that it stoped working since fingerprint dont usualy change (exept maybe if there was an update?). Did it driver even work for anyone else before, or just me?

Hi @Mark_in_the_house, I’ve tried today, but it still gives me the fingerprint notification. Is there anything I can do to help?

Greetings,
Robin

@Mark_in_the_house Is there anything new about the Starkvind-Driver? I’m also facing the problem that it won’t accept the driver because of it not havin a matching fingerprint (Whatever that means). Any tips?

@nitrogen183 @Niclas_Wyatt @colcaff Can you send me device information on your STARKVIND?
Enroll in Mariano Shared Beta Driver channel and install Zigbee Thing Mc driver. Go to STARKVIND device info in smartthings and choose Zigbee Thing Mc driver. Than refresh device, take a screenshot of the device info and send it to me.

@Mark_in_the_house Here is a screenshot. Same Problem here.

Thanks

1 Like