Just found the way to integrate ICH Broadlink into Smartthings. That’s because I was not able to turn things On/Off or run automation using Smarthings side to ICH.
Here is how to do it:
A) In IHC Broadlink.
- Created an scene to turn On my Air conditioner name it “Turn ON AC”.
B) In Alexa:
2. Discover Devices. It will find the scene “Turn ON AC”.
3. Create a Routine with “When you say: Damm is hot” / Smart home / Control Scene / “Turn ON AC”.
4. Test everything at this point.
C) In Smarthings:
5. In device handlers register the switch type from here: [Release] Virtual Alexa Switch/Button
Remember you have to do it from code, save and publish .
6. Then create a virtual Switch using the device handler just created and put 4 o 5 digit ramdon letters in Zigbee ID and name the Switch to “My Air Conditioner”
D) In Alexa:
7. Discover Devices. It will find the device “My Air Conditioner”
8. Create a Routine that:
When this happens/Device/“My Air Conditioner” turns On
Add action / Smarthome / Control Scene / “Turn ON AC”
***** IMPORTANT STEP***** Read at the END of the instructions.
E) In Smartthings:
9. Go Ahead and turn that switch ON
To turn Off just do A, B, D and E.
Here is the Important step*
Because from Alexa side you can create a separate routine to Turn Off or Turn On the AC, Smartthings will not be notified of the state of the Air Conditioner. To avoid that, instead of telling Alexa in another routine to turn on the AC, tell Alexa to turn on the switch and Smartthings will be updated of the state of your AC all the time.
Now on the Smartthings side you can do whatever you want as for example turn off the air conditioner if the door left open. Or you can press a Button in the Smarthings side and put Netflix, AC on and lights out and Alexa will remember to order pizza.
Any questions feel free to ask.