Ideas for hackathon?

idea
hackathon
wearables

(Brice; SmartRulesApp.com) #1

Any one have any fun ideas that I could try to build for the Baltimore Hackathon this weekend? The theme is wearables, so I’ve been trying to think of something cool that could connect with SmartThings, but I have been drawing a big blank.

There’s a good use for my v1 hub… take it to a hackathon and play! :smile:

(Joshua Lyon (SharpTools.io Dashboard)) #2

Doesn’t your SmartRules app have Apple Watch integration - is there something clever you could do there? Or is there something you could do with your BeaconThings app - maybe even extending the base code to accept BT LE data from wearables as a PoC and then pushing that to ST to trigger other events?

From the Baltimore Hackathon site:

• Blending technology components with products people wear on clothes or their body
  • Examples: Fitness/health, fashion, & productivity
  • Judge: UA Rep, George Hanson
  • Prize: $3000 Team and $1000 Individual

I’m sure there will be a number of people doing things with the Arduino Gemma or similar wearable platforms. I’ve always found wearables interesting, so I’m curious to see what you come up with!

(Brice; SmartRulesApp.com) #3

Good ideas, but I’d prefer to not do anything with our existing apps since I’ll be on a team and it could be a pain to figure out who gets paid what. But I’ll definitely plan on building from these to try to come up with something good.

(Brice; SmartRulesApp.com) #4

I’m guessing there’s no way to re-setup my old hub without support giving me a new welcome code? I wonder if I’ll be able to get anyone over the weekend? Anyone know if there is an alternative?