OK. I did more testing with my Lifx bulbs. I currently have tickets open with Lifx and ST and will update this as I find out more answers. Here is what I tested:
- I Created a basic ‘Smart Lights’ app including all 3 Lifx bulbs to have the colors change to blue when I click on a Momentary Virtual Switch. Only the first bulb listed in the app changed colors.
- I then deleted the 1st bulb from the app. When I clicked on the switch, the new 1st bulb listed in the app changed colors. Thus, only the first bulb in this app ever honored the color change.
- Then, I added back in my 3rd bulb, but changed it to only ‘Turn On’. All three turned on with the Virtual Switch.
- Then I changed it to a ‘Turn Off’. All turned off.
- Then I created the same 4 tests with a Virtual on/off switch. Same results as the Momentary switch.
I will mention that before I did the following tests, I removed all 3 bulbs and the Lift Connect app from ST, removed the bulbs from the Lifx app, rediscovered and claimed them in the Lifx app and reinstalled everything back in ST.
In conclusion, the Lifx Bulb integration in ST works fine if you only included 1 bulb in each SmartApp, or if you never plan on changing the bulbs colors. You will need to use IFTTT in order to do this as their integration, while slow at times, just works.
Waiting to hear back from both ST and Lift to see if there is some work around.