I embarked on what i thought would probably be the easiest task of my short Smart Home career. I simply wanted to add 4x Hue White A19 bulbs to my Hue + ST Hub. I plugged all 4 in and turned on the light switch, they all turned on white as expected. Every light in my house is connected via the Hue Bridge and then I connect it in ST app. So… when I hit the “+” button in the Hue App, it scans but can’t find the bulbs. Just for kicks I went to the ST App and added a Thing and I can see that it found 4 Things but not Bulbs as I expected. Just generic Things.
- I tried this about 5 times - Nothing
- I took them out and tried to add 1 by serial number in the Hue app. Tired a different bult w serial number - nothing
- I EXTENSIVELY searched the internet but didn’t find anything - nothing
- Did the same here in Communities - nothing
- Rebooted the Hue Bridge - tried again, nothing
- Rebooted my phone, tried again, nothing
- Threw everything in the ocean and lit it on fire - I think I dreamed that part, not sure