HVAC, Smartthings, and sensors request

Soo i am looking for some help. I’m not entirely sure if im even in teh right place. I’m wanting to create a custom rule with my ecobee temperature sensors that if the delta between 1 room vs the others is greater than x then teh HVAC recirculating fan will turn on until either the delta returns below x or the HVAC turns on to cool/heat as required.

I currently have an ecobee 3 with 4 remote sensors

I don’t have an Ecobee, but do their remote sensors show up in SmartThings as devices?

Try the Ecobee Suite - if nothing else, it will expose the sensors so you can use them for automation in WebCORE or a custom smartapp
. @storageanarchy provides fantastic support.

The Ecobee Suite I am maintaining may well provide exactly what you want. It will expose the sensors, and also it includes a Smart Circulation Helper SmartApp that will increase/decrease the circulation time (minutes per hour) when the delta temperature in 2 or more rooms (that you select) exceeds a specified delta. There are 7 other Helper MartApps included for various other functions.

It’s a lot to consume, so I suggest starting with the documentation linked in the thread below:

Enjoy!

I appreciate this. This is perfect. The only issues I’m having at the moment is the hold. When i was using ecobee connect I was able to use a “Home” scenario it would set thermostat to 68/74, “Goodbye” would set to 64/76. I have to have a mode on my thermostat, it won’t let me leave it blank) so I set it to 24/7. But now it doesby change automatically. I know I’m doing something wrong just not sure what. If I manually select a smartthings scene it changes as expected.

Use the Mode/Routine/Program Handler helper app and choose either Routine (Goodbye / I’m Back) or Mode (Home / Away) to trigger the appropriate EcoBee program.

So im still trying to learn all tge terminology and features. Where do i go for this.

Thanks for the quick reply

Assuming you have everything installed already - go to the Ecobee Suite Manager in Smartapps, select Helper SmartApps, then pick New Mode / Routine / Program Helper and follow the prompts.

Once again thank you for the quick response. Ive just gone through and created a few programs. The only other thing ive noticed is that the display on the main thermostat screen (in smartthings) will randomly disappear and stop showing thr temperature. I have tried the double refresh I read for a previous version (1.2 I think) but it doesn’t always come back. Either way I’m able to “balance” the temperature in my house better now that i can circulate the fans better. Now just trial and error I guess.

Once again thanks Barry for the app, and thank you mark for being tech support

So noticing a lot of short cycling now…is there anyway to stop this within the app?

Apologies for posting so shortly after each other…i have now got my display back within the thermostat thing screen (smartthings) and the fans have come on for longer than 30secs. I looked at the debug log and about the same time that I got full functionality back I also got a connected to smartthings in my recently tab. Are the 2 connected you think?

The app doesn’t actually turn on the fan or the heat/cool - it merely sets parameters in the thermostat to define when the HVAC equipment runs.

It is more likely that you have more than 1 SmartApp setting parameters, or that you perhaps set the change frequency in the Smart Circulation Helper SmartApp to low - the default is 10 minutes I think, and the minimum should probably be 5 minutes.

All that said, it seems like you are all set for now. In the future, please post your questions/feedback on the primary thread here: [DEPRECATED] Updated Ecobee Suite, v1.4.0 (Free)

Enjoy!