Hue Motion Sensors with SmartThings?

Does anyone have an option the Samsung Smartthings Motion Sensor vs. direct connected (no hue hub) Philips Hue Motion Sensor? Its is possible to use the Hue Sensor without a custom DH? If not, there seems to be multiple DHs for the Hue Sensor, which one is the best?

Hi, I use this this for my hue motion sensor and it works fine, I haven’t had any issues.

Adding to Op’s original post, I’ve noticed there are multiple Device Handlers for the Hue Motion Sensors as well. I’ve been trying to parse through the threads but I’m a little confused.

Can anyone help me identify which device handler works best in each of the following scenarios?
1. Have Hue Bridge and want to use Hue Motion Sensor with both Hue app and SmartThings (My case)
2. Don’t have Hue Bridge and want to use Hue Motion Sensor with both Hue app and SmartThings
3. Don’t have Hue Bridge and want to use Hue Motion Sensor with mainly SmartThings

Appreciate any clarity you can provide! Thank you.

Your option 2 is impossible: the Hue app can only work with devices connected to the Hue bridge.

For your option 1,

The DTH in this thread does not work, Because it is based on connecting the sensor directly to the ST hub and not using the Hue bridge. (And again, the hue app requires that the devices be connected to the Hue bridge).

To have the sensor work with both the Hue app and the SmartThings app, You would need to try the code from the “accessories” thread, and I don’t know if that works with the outdoor sensor or not. (It was written for the indoor sensor.)

[BETA] Hue Accessories and rooms using Hue Bridge (TAP, Motion Sensor, Dimmer Switch)

For option 3, different DTHs have somewhat different features so you just need to find the one that works best for you.

1 Like