Hue Hub conflict

As of last night I completely lost ST/Hue integration, not sure if it is related or not. I just happened to noticed some lights ( all Hue ) did not turn off when Good Night routine ran. I did not think about it and just told Alexa to turn off the house ( Direct Echo Hue integration not through ST ) . This AM I got up and again noticed Hue Blooms we leave on as night lights did not turn off when Good Morning ran.
Then I noticed Hue strip above stove did not turn on, so I did what I always do and just popped the battery on Iris PIR to reset it and went about my business, told Echo to turn the light on.
Now I got curious and started going through and all 19 of my Hue bulbs are hung on " turning on " or " turning off" in ST app. Days like this are when I am glad I decided to use direct Echo/Hue direct integration and deselect all my Hue in Alexa app in ST.

Yes already submitted report to support before adding my 2 cents here.

1 Like

Hi all - update on my issue. I received the beta update yesterday and everything seems to be working fine in my ST / Hue world. Hopefully they get this out to everyone soon!! Was very frustrating!

2 Likes

So I can blame you for my Hue / ST integration being gone since yesterday.

1 Like

Just to let you guys know I also have a Hue v1 issue, with the system failing to dim with time (wake up lights) or change colour through colour coordinator.

Is that issue familiar to anyone?

All started early last week when I returned from holiday and ran had a Hue & ST update.

Got a support ticket open but at the moment not found a resolution.

Yes, since the last updates I have been been seeing all kinds of crazy Hue activity. Since you are on V1 Hue hub ( like me ) I can suggest you login to your meethue.com account and see if the Hue update reinserted all the old included scenes to your hub ad delete them. It seems every V2 update to a V1 hub does a complete a complete factory reset and puts the ( stupid ) sunset, sunrise etc routines into action. If you are using the new V2 app they will not show up so you have no way of knowing if you donā€™t use the meethue.com interface .

Only issue I am seeing today is with the sync lights app. My Blooms that sync will flash on/off several times when I try to turn them on or off before deciding whether to be on or off. One time I will turn on and they will flash 5-6 times ending with them on, the next they will flash 5-6 times ending with them off. It doesnā€™t seem to have any discernible pattern
I donā€™t know what my other complete loss of ST/Hue connection was, but my ST hub went offline last night for about an hour and when it came back up all my Hues were working in ST again. ST Support denied any knowledge of my hub going offline last night and suggested I re-authorize Hue Connect app, which of course I had already attempted several times before I emailed support and mentioned it in the email to them.

1 Like

So itā€™s itā€™s been working fine for me since Wednesday. Although one of my apps (circadian daylight) stopped working, but Iā€™d rather every thing else work if thatā€™s what it takes :D.

My Smartttings hub went off line last Wednesday - the reason for the crashing is still not known but their is a conflict with my Hue hub and the fact that I have 50 hue bulbs - turn off the hue and smartthings works, turn hue hub on and about 12 mins later it freezes and goes off line - Support are aware of the conflict and are working on a solution wanted to see if I was the only one -

Sorry should have done a better job with the search :slight_smile:

Shoot a note over to support@ - there may still be a chance to get a preview of the beta firmware firmware with the fix (full disclosure: testing might already be closed).

I had the same problem and they had a special update which fixed my issues

It looks like the beta test is closed, but we are receiving positive feedback and will work to get a production release together ASAP.

3 Likes

Please do!