Hub Showing Offline

Same here. 2 different locations 200 miles apart went offline at around 5:50 EST then back online around 6:30 then only one of the 2 went back offline around 7:10 and it still is.

and that second location is now online again.

Anybodyā€™s Hub V2 go down today around 4:15 pm EST? I just got home and itā€™s still down. My internet is up, my computer is (obviously) on-line, and my phone connected just fine.

I just got a notice and on checking my SmartThings app on my Samsung S4 my Hub V2 is reporting ā€œHub Inactive, Hub appears to be offlineā€¦ā€ Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Since I can connect to my Nest thermostat and view images from my Nest Dropcam and Insteon IP camera Iā€™m pretty sure my internet is still up and running.

Known problem today. See the following:

As of 16:15 EST my hub(V2) still shows offline and will not control anything

Same here - My Hub Went Offline at 12:39p (Central). It still acting as it is offline and wont control anything. I am able to remote to my computer back home so I know the internet is online.

Sounds like a reboot is required to get your hub back online.

Dec 9, 2015
Hub Connectivity Issues

Resolved - Further issues with Hub connectivity should be resolved, although some Hubs may still be offline. Users with inactive Hubs will need to perform a reboot by pushing the button on the back of their Hub in order to get it connected again. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you continue to experience issues after rebooting your Hub, please email support@smartthings.com.
Dec 9, 16:06 EST

Investigating - Some users may be experiencing issues with Hub Connectivity. SmartThings is investigating and will update accordingly.
Dec 9, 14:27 EST

Thanks for all the input! As a new SmartThings user Iā€™m very happy the group is so responsive.

Canā€™t say Iā€™m happy about having to reset my Hub on who knows how regular of a basis.

As a long term home automation user (HCS II, X-10, etc.) and after a lot of research Iā€™ve decided jump on the SmartThings train. To date I have a minimal investment of a Hubs for myself and son, and a few ā€˜thingsā€™. Before making a serious commitment Iā€™d like to make sure the SmartThing eco-system is solid/stable. I want to make sure my wife tells me how great the home automation system, not that itā€™s a pain in the rear. :wink:

The market proposition for SmartThings is ā€œopenā€ and ā€œversatile.ā€ Not, at the present time, ā€œstableā€ or ā€œsolid.ā€ :wink:

You can do a great deal with it, and the Community is creative and helpful. But what runs on Monday may fail on Tuesday and thereā€™s a considerable amount of tinkering required to keep it running.

They also push out changes without pre-notification and you canā€™t reschedule or refuse them. Even if your system works great, the update is brief, and the changes donā€™t require any tinkering to restart your devices, it means your system may be unexpectedly off-line at any time. (They generally schedule the updates for the middle of the night so you might not notice, but it does mean your monitoring devices might have been off-line for a little while while you were sleeping.)

So it just comes down to your particular needs and how you use it.

+1
I have found my hub offline two nights in a row now! only thing that corrects it is rebooting hub.

Having issues with my new smartthings hub v2 and Iā€™m concerned. I was concerned that having a cloud connected hub would beaproblem, however I was reassured the VW hub would still work if the network was down. Well, my network was down and my hub wouldnā€™t control my devices. I know support worked tirelessly to get the system back up, but this makes it difficult to want to commit fully to this device for automation and security.

Just thought Iā€™d drop my 2 cents.

Same issues here since yesterday. Hub shows inactive, no commands work yet the hub can be pinged from the ping tool via the API site.

Two days now. Completely unacceptable. Obviously ST made a change that has caused this and are not coming clean about it. When all the other devices on your network work fine except for the ST hub then itā€™s not ā€œyour dns mr customerā€ or some other user issue.

Thereā€™s an issue posted to the status page, along with instructions to reboot. Yours might be a different problem, but that oneā€™s worth checking as it did affect a lot of people.

You can also subscribe to platform status updates by using the button in the top right of that page. There has been improvement recently in how often they post moves to that page, so I think itā€™s worth subscribing to.

Also, remember that if you want to power cycle A current model hub, you need to both unplug it and remove the batteries. Itā€™s best to leave it off power for at least 15 minutes, because then that will force both a zigbee network heal and a resynch with the cloud account.

I canā€™t promise it will help any specific problems that youā€™re seeing, but itā€™s worth a try.

Ah! Didnā€™t think about the batteriesā€¦ thanks JD. Iā€™ll try that now.

1 Like

Has there been any progress on this issue? I have a new Hub v2 that I recently installed and it from almost Day 1, goes inactive and active on a frequent basis. Drives me nuts.