Hub Firmware Release Notes - 28.11

Is this stability improvements or new features?

1 Like

Will the Sonos improvement make Sonos streaming more stable? I have a problem with streaming due to ST hub running on 2.4 GHZ channels 1-6-11 range. My Google Wifi is running on all these channels and it is not possible to set the channels manually. So I am selling it and going for Netgear Orbi mesh system instead. But if this fix is adressing this, I would like to cancel my recent order for the Orbi…

My hubs have gone completely offline today, is the update called 28.11 because it has been deployed today? Is there anything I can do? My locks will not update and synchronize with Airbnb until hubs go back online.

This is a known issue with the 2.18 update for Android. 2.18.1 has been released and should fix it.

not for Samsung S10, Samsung last!

You can check if you received the update in the IDE. Only beta testers have received the update to this point, Monday is the day it pushes to the masses. Maybe you had a power or internet hiccup that took them offline?

It is 3 different Internet subscriptions, 2 different provider. There are two subscriptions from the same provider, they are in the same building, there one hub has gone online and forming a mash with the other one two floors up, so I can see my lock and they can also synchronise, so the main functionality is thanks God seems to work. I will be home in about an hour and than I will be able to see if rebooting my hub will help or not.

Jameson via SmartThings Community smartthings@discoursemail.com ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 28., Cs 16:42):

1 Like

Do u reccomend we use classic app or new app if mobile presence using phones is a key feature for us?

Well, the one at home got pulled out of the electricity by accident… There is on more that is not online, the Internet works well there.

Tamás Lukács tom@flatwise.hu ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 28., Cs 17:04):

It is 3 different Internet subscriptions, 2 different provider. There are two subscriptions from the same provider, they are in the same building, there one hub has gone online and forming a mash with the other one two floors up, so I can see my lock and they can also synchronise, so the main functionality is thanks God seems to work. I will be home in about an hour and than I will be able to see if rebooting my hub will help or not.

Jameson via SmartThings Community smartthings@discoursemail.com ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 28., Cs 16:42):

jamesonrw

[Jameson](https://community.smartthings.com/u/jamesonrw)

November 28

You can check if you received the update in the IDE. Only beta testers have received the update to this point, Monday is the day it pushes to the masses. Maybe you had a power or internet hiccup that took them offline?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

lukacstamas

[Lukács Tamás](https://community.smartthings.com/u/lukacstamas)

November 28

My hubs have gone completely offline today, is the update called 28.11 because it has been deployed today? Is there anything I can do? My locks will not update and synchronize with Airbnb until hubs go back online.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Tamás Lukács tom@flatwise.hu ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 28., Cs 17:04):

I never see updates for the ADT hub. Does it have limited firmware support or no support at all?

2 Likes

Using already that update, still problems, a lot.

So you have two different hubs for two different floor locations in the same building. If one goes offline you are able to fail over to the other? Did you just switch the devices over To the other hub in the ide?

Improvements for Hue are specifically related to device health. The Hue bridge is known to frequently send reachable true/false state changes for bulbs that may be on the edge of the Hue Zigbee network or otherwise unhealthy, which causes the Hue devices to quickly go online/offline in SmartThings even though they are still controllable. We updated the integration to debounce these reachable bulb state changes we receive from the Hue bridge to filter out the erroneous reachable events and only mark the device offline once it has been unreachable for at least 60 seconds.

The release notes should have been more clear.

Barry

1 Like

Zigbee device add appears to be broken. One of my bulbs was frozen so I reset it and removed it but now cannot add it. Cannot add a different zigbee bulb either. Please fix.

All my devices are now offline after the 28.11 update - tried rebooting the ST hub and my internet router - no luck at all. Any ideas?

1 Like

Same: 1 of my 2 hubs didn’t come back online after firmware update was pushed.

Power cycle of hub, and router/switch results in slow flashing red light on SmartThings hub. Switch LAN light for that port isn’t lighting up, appears hub is bricked. HELP!

Red (blinking)

What it means: Hub is having power issues

What to do: The blinking red LED can indicate issues with either the backup batteries (if v2) or the power cable connection. To narrow down the issue, unplug the Hub, and plug it into a different outlet. If the LED is still blinking red, [contact support] https://support.smartthings.com/.

1 Like

Thank you @jkp! I should have RTFM. :slight_smile:

Although the backup alkaline AA’s in my v2 hub just tested at 1.35v each, I replaced with a fresh set and power cycled the hub again. Immediate blue light upon power on and now all is normal with the hub and right with the world.

Wild that “optional” backup batts are critical. Thanks again!

2 Likes

All my Zwave devices are showing as offline after the update. Tried rebooting again - no luck. V2 Hub

1 Like

how did you reboot … through IDE or power cycling (removing power cord) and removing batteries (if v2)? and light on hub is blue?