Hub Firmware Release Notes 27.9

Im fu**** losing my mind. Pardon my language. I’m usually calm and act like adult but now…
ST just made catchcall with motion sensors…one by one…
Same thing with flood sensors and open close sensors. Now there is only one flood sensor which seems to be offline. ST zigbee channel is 19 and Hue…do not know before hue update stops.

It seems like there might be buggy update pushed out from Smartthings and Hue, both.

That would be unbelievable coincidence that those two managed to publish buggy update at the same time. Could that be the reason for my weird problems…

Could be. In addition to the Hue update, here’s some additional information regarding the current ST issues:

1 Like

It looks like when my SmartThings Hub (2018) updated to firmware 27.9 yesterday that all of my zigbee devices are no longer online. I have removed the devices and tried to re-add them which has proved less than successful. I had one zigbee bulb connect during the discovery process but almost immediately go to an offline state.

Is there somewhere that we should logging these sort of incidents? Is there a feed somewhere that will notify us when new firmware versions are released?

Definitely report them to support.

US

UK

You should have received an email notification a couple of days before.

We’ve identified the issue and addressed it. Speak up if you’re still seeing issues.

1 Like

anybody else seeing their zigbee radio cycle off and on? It isn’t happening frequently, but I would think it should never happen unless the hub is rebooted or updated

2 Likes

Your hub should be working as expected again. I don’t foresee this being an issue in the future but a power cycle would likely clear that up.

1 Like

I and many others are having their automations (Smart Lighting, wbCoRE, etc), switches and switch states fail to update. Many times the automation does not even start running after it’s triggered. Other times, it skips steps. My (and other’s) IDE logs continue to show the following error:

error java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Execution time exceeded 20 app execution seconds: .

It seems to look a lot like an activity spike is causing the groovy platform to bog down.

PS: I WILL say that things might be getting slightly better today. Automations that never failed for many, many months were failing every time they ran a few days ago under the previous firmware release. As of this morning (post 27.9), they have improved to possibly failing about 50% of the time. I was just able to have successful execution twice in a row. Maybe they’ll continue to improve as the spike subsides?

1 Like

Continue since when? The issue was addressed less than an hour ago.

1 Like

Ahhh. OK. Sorry. I thought you were saying that 27.9 was addressing the issue. I’ll keep testing and watching. Thank you!

2 Likes

Brad, thank you for the update. I have just successfully run multiple tests of the previously failing automations! NO FAILURES!! Thank you, thank you! :clap::clap::clap:

Can you possibly share the issue that was addressed?

4 Likes

For the longest time I have not seen devices randomly turn on by themselves (used to be a frequent occurrence for me). Things have been very stable for me for months. Following Monday’s FW update I am seeing the issue happen again. I had almost all Z-Wave devices turn on on their own about 2am Tuesday morning. And since that event, several other Z-Wave devices turn on by themselves. It just happened again in fact. It’s probably happened about 4 times since Monday.

I bet ST rehired that guy that used to release the buggy versions of the software without letting anyone know… It feels like 2017 again…

3 Likes

Brad, I just saw all my zigbee go offline and I had to do a reboot to get them all back. Is this still and issue?

I am seeing the same functionality as @Automated_House where the zigbee radio is turning on and off. It is in an almost constant state of “State: Not detected”. Now it’s near impossible to add a device.

I have power cycled the hub multiple times.

1 Like

Just happened again. I’ve added no new SmartApps (edit: I did added Google but that was this afternoon and after this problem started), no new Smart Lighting rules, no new pistons. WTF?

Several people have reported that since the update their Zigbee radio keeps turning on and off in their hub. That could cause devices to randomly turn on. Check the log and see if the same thing is happening with the Z wave radio.

Yeah I saw that earlier JD so I’ve already checked. I see no evidence of it on my hub.

1 Like

I am not seeing Z wave functionality being impacted by this issue, only Zigbee.

1 Like