Hub Firmware Release Notes - 25.32

I have tried resetting, removing and repairing. At this point however, the bigger issue is now that other devices (non-GE switches) are not updating during a z wave network repair (cannot update neighbors, cannot update routes). As it stands now a bunch of devices are “stranded”. Something is seriously busted with the z-wave logic in this last update because nothing works like it has for years.

which device handler are you using on the ge switches?

Whatever the standard device handler is. Are there community handlers that are better?

@cbaumler, with all due respect, does ST really think that all 9 of my remaining older GE devices have this problem all of a sudden and all at once? What’s the explanation for my 3 older Aeon micro controllers, or my not-so-old GE fan controller (non-zwave plus version) that require a power cycle or air gap switch treatment?

2 Likes

This is painful. But I don’t think is only attributable to ST firmware. If that was the case, all of us would experience the same problems. I have dozens of old GE switches that are working just fine. If I had the kind of problems you’ve been experiencing, I would start over with a new hub. It is possible to have a rock solid mesh. Now that I said it, watch my 5 year old switches go offline at once :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah, the hub is doing great, and my zwave repairs take 15 minutes or less now with no issues most of the time. Even ghost devices have been greatly reduced.

Those remaining 9 old GE switches are being replaced with GE Zigbee devices, like all my other switches and outlets over the last couple months. Everything/Anything I have that’s zigbee has been incredibly solid, and amazingly fast, including flawless execution of smartapps/automations.

When I’m completely done with my device replacement “project”, I’ll be down to just a handful of Zwave devices:

• Aeon HEM gen 1 (crazy old and works great)
  • FortrezZ water meter (zwave plus)
  • Linear Garage Door Opener (zwave plus)
  • Leviton dual load/scene controller (works great and it’s older than the GE’s)
  • 4 GE zwave plus fan controllers (going to replace the non zwave plus version one I have)
  • 3 zcombo smokes
  • A few sirens
  • A handful of Aeon minimotes
  • And finally, perhaps my 3 Aeon G2 microcontrollers (looking for a zigbee replacement right now)

I’m not discounting the fact that the old GE’s had problems. In fact, I’ve thrown several away, a dozen at least over the last couple years, that I’ve been able to prove have failed. Some of my others that drop from ST have been working great in another location on another mfg’s hub.

Having said all that, and now being firmly entrenched with Zigbee, let’s hope ST doesn’t have plans to mess with that…

4 Likes

Could the non-GE switch devices have been relying on the GE switches to reach the hub? Have you tried moving the devices closer to the hub or adding additional listening devices between the hub and the non-functioning devices followed by a network repair? Also, have you tried moving the devices closer to the hub and re-adding them?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.