Hub Firmware Release Notes - 25.26

I had exactly the same issue with 5 double switch 2 and 3 single switch 2. But my hub is 25.00020. Tried removing and re-adding with official device handlers but did not work. Managed to re-add them all with @erocm1231 device handlers. Working now but spend 2 or 3 hours fixing this and action tiles.

Strange thing is previously i had no luck getting erocom1231 device handlers to work but this time all the devices took the device handler on first attempt.

Robin the old dimmers and relays work, it’s the new Fibaro Switch 2 ZW5’s not working now, do you have any of those?

I have several of these and all appear to be working fine

All of my 57 devices are working normally with the exception of the 4 zigbee devices I have, 2 buttons and 2 water sensors all 4 of those devices show disconnected but still work.

My devices with custom handlers stopped working sometime yesterday or today 
 It is possible that this is a ZigBee issue as well
 the failing devices are my only ZigBees
 (noticed this morning). Cannot access the ide. (was able to get into the IDE just now
 devices still don’t work)

When should we expect our stuff to work again?

Just checking - you have reported this to ST support at https://support.smartthings.com

well
 they aren’t open yet. last time I sent an email, I never got a response
 so, no. I haven’t reported it there yet.

I tried to use the web form
 not clear that it accepted my submission. the page just redirected back to home. EXCELLENT!

@anon36505037 couldn’t agree more. I bought the Switch 2 by mistake on Amazon thinking it was the original version. It’s been nothing but trouble, occasionally not syncing properly, and after the episode of today, allowed me to finally swap it out. Edit, one reason I like the original relay is for 12v or 24v projects, one thing the dimmer can’t do.

1 Like

Received email confirmation of my support request. Holding my breath.

Anyone having problems with Coolcam switches? One of the two buttons on all my switches are no longer working when I use the app to turn on/off and I get a java error in the log file complaining about null value in one of the parameters. The other button works fine and all status updates going from switch to app are also working. This was working yesterday so this is most likely caused by the update. Just thought I throw this into the ether and see what happens.

If you look at live logging on the " SmartThings Groovy IDE" page there is a java.lang.NullPointerException

My roller shutters weren’t working today
 in fact, none of the fibaros were working.
Just replace

private encap(physicalgraph.zwave.Command cmd) {
if (zwaveInfo.zw.contains(“s”)) {
secEncap(cmd)
} else if (zwaveInfo.cc.contains(“56”)){
crcEncap(cmd)
} else {
logging("${device.displayName} - no encapsulation supported for command: $cmd",“info”)
cmd.format()
}
}

with

private encap(physicalgraph.zwave.Command cmd) {
if ((zwaveInfo.zw == null && state.sec != 0) || zwaveInfo?.zw?.contains(“s”)) {
secEncap(cmd)
} else if (zwaveInfo?.cc?.contains(“56”)) {
crcEncap(cmd)
} else {
logging("${device.displayName} - no encapsulation supported for command: $cmd", “info”)
cmd.format()
}
}
on the fibaro handlers and everything should return to normal.
For the default fibaro handlers you must go to the github page, change them and recreate them, at least until they are fixed.
Somehow the zwaveInfo variable no longer contains a zw field

1 Like

You may also want to post your fix in this thread

2 Likes

I take it you mean calling them
/shudder

Email support is non existent.

I agree that the Dimmer 2 units are generally the best option.
But I have some loads that exceed the 120-watt limit and dont have LED replacements yet (eg, an uplighting circuit with 3 fixtures that each use 250-watt halogens). I have also been using the Single Switch 2 units for Fans and some under-cabinet lights that dont have LED replacements.

Anyway, just hoping that, whatever Samsung did on their servers will be resolved with the firmware upgrade. But I havent seen anyone report that they have received the firmware upgrade and that their Fibaro Dimmer 2 and/or Single Switch 2 units are operating normally.

I am on the phone right now with Samsung tech support, but they arent very technical. They just escalate everything to Tier 2, and they never respond (and refuse to offer phone support). I have had issues pending for over 4 months with no response. Fortunately, this Community is far more responsive, and has resolved many of my issues.

1 Like

We’re actively investigating the issues with devices like the Fibaro Double Switch 2 and Fibaro Dimmer 2. As many have guessed it’s not related to the firmware update.

2 Likes

Translated
It’s related to a silent server side change we made last night unannounced.

4 Likes

Are you with SmartThings? I am currently on the phone with SmartThings tech support. They are telling me that nobody has reported this issue, and that they are not involved with this Community forum.

They offered to escalate the problem to Tier 2, but I have been down that road in the past (as have others on the forum). But there is no phone support for Tier 2, and they never seem to respond for months at a time. I am asking them to escalate the issue while I am on the phone (given that it is affecting so many people).

When you say it it’s not related to the firmware update, does that mean that the firmware update has not caused the problem (which makes sense since everyone is reporting that they are still on 24.20)?

More importantly, did SmartThings make changes to their back-end cloud servers yesterday (apparently around 2PM PST or 10PM GMT)? And are those changes the likely culprit?

I also see (a few posts up in this thread) the “fix” from Paulo_Verdelho, which I havent tried yet.

Do you have even a rough ETA for a resolution to this issue? If it was caused by a back-end server change, is it possible to reverse it for now until the changes have been tested (so that the many people affected by this issue can return to normal operation in the interim)?

See the badge? That’s reserved for staff.

@tpmanley is one of the very senior engineering staff who drops by the forums occasionally. (And for which we are always grateful. :sunglasses: )

He would be about a Tier 4, I would think.

He doesn’t work on individual customer tickets, but when there is a major platform issue, he will stop in sometimes to let us know that engineering is aware of the issue and is working on the problem. Good guy, and we always appreciate his taking time for the updates.

(An update from him means SmartThings is aware of the problem and there are engineers actively working on fixing it. Which is not always information you can get from tier 1 support. :wink: )

Note that this forum was set up a number of years ago so that customers could help other customers. It is not officially monitored by support. There are some employees who stop in occasionally unofficially. But when you have a problem or question you should always report it through the official support channel, those are the only ones which are logged. And the more reports they get, usually the higher priority the problem is given. So even if you see 25 reports in the forum, still put in a support request.

9 Likes

I understand now why an outside Aeon Z-Wave RGB bulb stayed on ALL night, at 10% brightness for 7 hours, at a roughly estimated cost (unless someone has a better calculation so I can invoice SmartThings Inc) of at least 40 cents.