Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.32.12

Actually SmartThings has a migration tool but they sent it into hiding. Hopefully they’ll release it soon. Doesn’t hurt to ask support and with enough demand they might release it.

I thought the hub migration tool was only for the v2 and v3 hub? So I don’t believe it works with the v1.

2 Likes

You are correct @jkp V2 and better - ironically, partially because it needs a certain level of firmware on the device that V.1 hubs will never get :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I forgot. A user has actually reported the tool exists and they contacted support to use it. They were able to migrate. :slight_smile:

Ok, not the best migration after re-reading that post.

2 Likes

Support request #1073638

Just a note, my Uk V2 hub has been acting odd since recieving the update last night, not tried every device and light but

#item resolved with reboot#
my Fibaro RGBWw controler no longer seems to function , it is using a custom DTH from codesaur, the device shows it is switched on but in reality it is off, the power button in the device UI shows on, if I tap it the power button spins and after a few seconds stops spinning and shows same on state

Also the hub keeps going offline and then comes back online , I have not had time to try and resolve the issue yet, this I think is the first time an update has been unstable for me

Scenes are running but scene icons now slowly animate, stop for a few seconds and throw an exclamation mark in the icon, in reality the scene did trigger but the scene icon shows error

A manual reboot from the IDE has been tried but no better

Haven’t noticed anything weird.

I remember them days

I also have a v1 hub that has been offline since the update rolled out for the v2 and v3 hubs. Routines seem to be running in the background but I have no control over individual devices and Amazon skills are broken. Have been using this hub since the very early days of SmartThings and have never had a problem with my hundred or so devices. Rebooting the device and my entire network hasn’t resolved the issue. I figured that one day something like this would happen. Will get in touch with support. The thought of setting up my system again from scratch seems daunting. At least my 30 year old Toyota pickup still runs great!

try 300 devices. have started over several times this year. have learned to add the zibgee repeaters (i.e. outlets) first for one reason or another. need at least 1 zigbee and zwave repeater in each room.

Hello all. I have a v2 hub (hub v2, US customer Rev E). Firmware is still 000.032.00010. My hub went offline somewhere around 4:30pm CDT on Oct 22. It is doing the fast flashing blue light. So I assume LAN connectivity (but obviously also at time of hub update?). I have reset the hub. I have replaced the cables. I have moved to different switch ports. I have rebooted the router/modem (firewall). I have try to factory reset the modem (I believe). It all results in the fast flashing blue light. Any thing else to try here? Did it get stuck in the firmware update? Thanks in advance.

I fall in that category even though I totally understand/agree with your words I still don’t report issues because of another huge factor… It is insanely frustrating to interact with support when they clearly know less than you or nothing about the product you are asking about. This is the case with many companies, not just Samsung. When it comes to ST matters, Samsung’s general support is a lost cause but when the ST engineers assist, it is awesome (they fix the issue and you always learn something new). I know a company can’t pay developers to do support, but what about finetuning something in between?

Sorry for the off-topic post…

1 Like

you might want to contact support. support.smartthings.com

Hi. After latest firmware update my Z-Wave network hangs! I can see the hub online but all my Fibaro switches are offline!

Z-wave status

• State: Not functional
  • Home ID: FFFFFFFF
  • Node ID: FF
  • Suc ID: FF
  • Protocol Version: 3.83
  • Region: EU

I tried to reboot/reset my hub but nothing! That happened immediately after latest firmware update version 000.032.00012.

Can you help me?

in the ide under the hub and utilities see if you can toggle the zwave off and then back on. might have to reboot the hub from the ide.

Thanks. Done but…nothing.

try a quick power cycle of the hub by removing the power plug and then plugging it back in

Thanks. Done. Nothing to do. The hub hangs after this update. I tried also to hard-resetting the hub. Nothing.

Interesting your suffering Fibaro issues, I couldn’t work out if my issue was fibaro related but using the codesaur DTH for the fibaro rgbw my system seemed unstable, at the moment I have swapped to the Fibaro Rgbw device type supplied in the IDE and things seem to have stabilised but by doing so I have lost all use of the colour sequences I use every night

when you say hard resetting are you removing power and pressing and holding (for 30 seconds until the rapidly flashing yellow led turn solid yellow) the recessed button on the back near the power plug, while plugging back in?

Hi Fido. It is not a Fibaro-related issue. My Fibaro devices worked fine for 2 and an half year before now without any problem. This update completely crashed the Z-Wave protocol!