Hub down notifications

(Beckwith) #1

Yesterday, I disconnected my ST hub for an hour while I rearranged things. Today I read the following:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/200888934-What-Happens-if-my-power-goes-out-or-I-lose-my-Internet-connection-

where it indicates “for now we have notifications built into the SmartThings mobile app that will let you know your hub is offline”. However, I never received a notification. Is this something you configure or does this not work?

(Garrette Grouwstra) #2

I have the same lack of notification on my android app.

(Brian Smith) #3

Same here as well. I’ve taken my hub offline to rearrange some things in the room. No notification.

(Greg) #4

I did the same and it didn’t work a few weeks ago. I emailed support and now it seems to work. However I’m going to keep testing it occasionally

(Taryn Brice Rowland) #5

On iOS, I consistently get the notifications within just a couple minutes, but I’ve only has the misfortune of being forced to test this in the last couple weeks.

(Patrick Stuart [@pstuart]) #6

add me to the list of android users not getting notifications…

(Ben Edwards) #7

Hmmm. I am getting these alerts from both my iOS device and my Android. Please write into support with all the details you can muster on these occurrences.

(Brian Smith) #8

How quickly should we be getting these alerts and where should we see them?

(Ben Edwards) #9

We need to shorten this, but the time period can be as much as 35 minutes from when the hub is unplugged until you get a notification. There are several reasons for this but you should expect us to decrease this duration in future firmware versions.

(Convinced ST will never be unbroken…) #10

I can unplug my hub from ethernet and get nothing on any of three devices.

I can open the ST app and use a shortcut to turn a hue bulb on and it indicates it on; not even in just the shortcut, but the activity of that device. All the while no notification of any kind.

Nexus 7 (2012) and Nexus 7 (2013) both on 4.4.4, Moto X on 4.4.3.

(Convinced ST will never be unbroken…) #11

Ahhh… doubt mine has ever been down for that long.