Hub does On/Off read attribute periodically--why?

hubv2
switch

(Jack) #1

Hi,
I have a switch connected to my Smartthings hub, and I have noticed that every 20-30 minutes, the Smartthings hub does an on/off read attribute of the device. I know that the hub didn’t configure reporting on the device. So why might this be happening?

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #2
  • Where did you “notice” this?
  • Is it just one Switch? What type / model? Custom or default Device Type Handler?

(Jack) #3

I checked this on Smartthings logs. It is just 1 switch - a light switch. Default light switch device type handler.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #4

Which logs? Live Logging in the IDE?

Paste some captured lines here? Context might help someone figure out what’s going on…

(Jack) #5

The first image is a ZigBee sniffer that shows that my Smartthings hub does an on/off read attribute on my device. The second image is the default response of my device as a result of the read attribute, shown on the live logging.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #6

You might be able to find the code of the Device Type Handler in https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic

My guess is that the Hub (or even the Switch?) Firmware is actually initiating request or report … i.e., at some low level in the SmartThings ZigBee library or even lower.

I forget who is best to tag for this here, but if it’s not too serious, … it’s probably not worth chasing down.