How to program codes with kwikset smart code deadbolt

I have a kwikset smart code deadbolt with z-wave. It connected to smartThings with out a problem, I can use it with smart apps and manually unlock and lock the door with it. The instructions say that when you connect the lock to z-wave you can add up to 30 different codes to it. In one of Alex’s demo videos, he also says how you can program codes right from the app. My question is, how do you do this? I can’t seem to find anywhere to program codes remotely from the SmartThings app or anywhere else for that matter.

Has anyone been able to do this?

Thanks!

Programming codes is not supported yet.  I am in the same boat as you.

That’s a shame… Any idea when that will be supported?

Here is the link where they replied to me.  Sounds like it is a little bit off as it needs to be implemented in the mobile app.

http://build.smartthings.com/forums/topic/kwikset-compatibility/#post-1823

That’s a shame… HOpe they get that in soon!

Thanks,

@pgoutlet It’s a hard toss up. We only have 3 mobile developers and we’re trying to add more as fast as we can. I think at this point its only fair as a company to dedicate more to Android to get it launched ASAP. In the meantime, I believe it is still possible to add codes via the lock itself. I’d have to double check the manual though.

Just add another tick mark to the count that would like to see more features added to the lock. From the door you can only enter 2 codes where you can enter 30 via integration. The built in apps would be great if it did a PUSH message to the iPhone if lock left open for ‘X’ time period. Similar to what is done with the Multi sensor.

There is a device type and app on the forums that allows you to program PINs on your lock.

Can someone tell me how I can find this app and load it?

I would like to know that too. @coryds, do you know?

Found it, this is described here: