How to find/delete unknown device - failed to update route

I’ve been running a zwave repair recently, and some unknown device seems to pop up. It fails to update mesh info, and then fails to update route. Everything else seems to be running fine. The device shows as a device named [08]. When I view all my devices in the IDE, nothing shares the network is as that, so I can’t find out what it even is. Anyway I can find what it even is and delete it, or should I just ignore it?

I occasionally have my zwave plus Kwikset 916 deadbolt fail to mesh, and then fail to update route. It seems to go back to normal after I take the batteries out and put them back in, but it seems like the unknown device and deadbolt problems happened recently at the same time.

• Go to ide and create a virtual device using 08 as id, then pick a generic Z-Wave type.
  • Go to the Classic app and remove the new 08 device. DO NOT remove from ide, must do it from the app.

After removal, go to IDE and look in the hub’s events log to confirm that the ghost was removed. Run a repair afterwards.

If that doesn’t work, reach out to support.

3 Likes

Awesome, will do! I appreciate it

Ghost device gone, thanks again!

1 Like