How to connect Grid Connect devices to smartthings

Hi,

Is there a way to add my Grid Connect Powerboards / Powerpoints to Smart Things?

So I can enable Samsung smartthings automation with my existing Smartthings sensors.

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers.

Hey Ben,

They are wifi devices and it looks like they don’t even have IFTTT support, I don’t like your chances of integrating them with Smartthings. They have google assistant support so you could possibly send commands to them using google assistant relay but I couldn’t guarantee that would work either. I’m glad I looked into it as I was contemplating purchasing one of those portable a/c units from bunnings with grid connect but it looks like there’s no way of integrating it.

1 Like

FAQ: WIFI Devices in ST? How can I integrate a WiFi or Bluetooth device that isn’t on the official compatibility list?

1 Like

Hopefully Grid Connect reaches out to Samsung about intergrating its ( Tuya ) products.

Because I’ve also noticed the Australian version of the Smart things application is limted with the current devices you can intergrate compared to the US version.

I’ve also looked at trying a few work around solutions from this thread.

This might require Grid Connect customers to ask them about this, so they recognise that it would make a good selling point. If all us Aussies phoned the Grid Connect support number (1300 267 168) and asked when they’re going to support SmartThings, they might get the hint. I plan on calling them tomorrow.

I haven’t noticed this myself. Can you give an example?

1 Like

Yeah I’ll do that to. Also might suggest for them to create a community forum aswell.