How to click one button on the minimote and turn a bunch of lights on/off and set dimmers?

Hi,

I’m new to SmartThings and this is my first post. So far I managed to figure things out on my own, but now I think I’m stuck.

I have a Minimote that’s connected to the system. I want be able to press a button before I play a movie and I want that button to trigger a full set of “actions” … for example, turn some lights off, turn others on, set dimmers, etc.

This seems like a pretty common use case for home automation, yet I don’t seem to be able to figure out how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

There is this app

I saw that, but that app is only letting me choose from the physical wall switches … The Minimote isn’t an option…

I don’t think you need the big switch. You can just use the Button Controller under the convenience section when adding a smart app. I have that setup for my minimote which executes hello home actions.

You’re a beautiful man! Yes! … The minimote can execute “Hello Home” actions… god I wish there was a better manual for this thing… (only now do I realize what those “Hello Home” actions are… I think).

So, I am currently doing this with my minimote. I’m trying to have it dim my 4 TCP bulbs. I sometimes get 2 of the 4 to dim and the other 2 stay at 100%. Do others have this same behavior?

I wrote an app that is a variation of Button Controller, with more things you can control using a Minimote. It allows things to be toggled, turned on, turned off, set to a dim level, set to a second dim level, a three speed ceiling fan adjusted, mode to be set, Hello Home phrase to be run, and a Momentary Button Tile associated with any of the 8 possible scenes. You can find it here: https://github.com/bravenel/SmartThings/blob/master/Scene%20Controller.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Thanks for the great addition, works perfectly!

Hey I know this is old but is there a scene controller similar to this that I can control with virtual switches?