How to add devices already integrated with Google Home App to Samsung SmartThings?

I am trying to find a way to conveniently add my devices already integrated with the Google Assistant with the Google Home app into my Samsung SmartThings app. I am unsure of the process, and I would rather not delink things from my Google Assistant to add them to the SmartThings side. I have added my SmarThings account to my Google Assistant established accounts, however, I am unable to see my 1 device added in SmartThings on the Google Assistant app, nor the several devices I have added through the Google Assistant in my SmartThings app. Is there a guide for what I would need to do?

the google assistant integration with SmartThings is ā€œone wayā€. GA gets devices from ST, but ST does not get them from GA.

2 Likes

what are the devices that you have connected to GA? just asking, in case there is a integration in ST for them.

1 Like

Is there any advantage to linking things through ST rather than GA?

I have some Phillips Hue lights with a hub as well as some Smart Plugs using the Smart Life App

Controlling everything in one place, for startersā€¦

You donā€™t have to unlink anything. You add them to Smartthings. Done.

Now this will also make them show up a SECOND time in GH as duplicates. Itā€™s a known issue that is WELL discussed in other threads so Iā€™ll spare you the discussion here. As a workaround: create a second ā€˜homeā€™ for the purposes of storing the duplicate devices brought in from SmartThings and park them there so you wonā€™t have to see them in GH. Thereā€™s already a design change request in to the Smartthings dev team related to filtering out what devices are displayed in GH.

2 Likes