How long before ST reviews a app?

I submitted a change to a device driver which was originally written by ST 23 days ago and there hasn’t been any movement. How long does it take?

Months… There have been apps out for review for Months that probably haven’t been started on.

They are working on trying to automate the review process so it happens instantaneously, but it’s all just talk right now -

1 Like

There’s a NAP for that. …you know, in case you get tired of waiting.
I think Apple coined that phrase.

1 Like

Smart Alarm took one year. As for device handlers, not a single one has been approved so far, to the best of my knowledge.

That isn’t encouraging. All I did was take ST open close tilt sensor and added garage door icons so it can be used for the tilt sensors on a garage. Nothing major, but it shows the true purpose of the sensor.

1 Like

It may not have any movement because it’s not a change they want to make. Who knows.

don’t hold your breath

Poke @Tyler. Depending on the change, this may happen sooner.

1 Like

I will just sit and wait, as there is no other choice.

You submitted a new Device Type Handler with modified icons/labels, right?

The issue may be that the fingerprint would conflict with Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor. In that case it’s not publishable. I’m taking a look.

1 Like

Thanks, can’t it just be renamed so there isn’t a problem?

No, the conflict is in the Z-Wave fingerprint, not the name.

Here’s what you submitted:

fingerprint deviceId: "0x2001", inClusters: "0x30,0x80,0x84,0x85,0x86,0x72" fingerprint deviceId: "0x07", inClusters: "0x30" fingerprint deviceId: "0x0701", inClusters: "0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x98", outClusters: "0x5A,0x82"

Here’s what we have in the default Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor Device Type Handler:

fingerprint deviceId: "0x2001", inClusters: "0x30,0x80,0x84,0x85,0x86,0x72" fingerprint deviceId: "0x07", inClusters: "0x30" fingerprint deviceId: "0x0701", inClusters: "0x5E,0x98" fingerprint deviceId: "0x0701", inClusters: "0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x98", outClusters: "0x5A,0x82" fingerprint deviceId: "0x0701", inClusters: "0x5E,0x80,0x71,0x85,0x70,0x72,0x86,0x30,0x31,0x84,0x59,0x73,0x5A,0x8F,0x98,0x7A", outClusters:"0x20" // Philio multi+ fingerprint deviceId: "0x0701", inClusters: "0x5E,0x72,0x5A,0x80,0x73,0x86,0x84,0x85,0x59,0x71,0x70,0x7A,0x98" // Vision door/window

There are direct conflicts in these fingerprints, and as such we’re not able to merge your pull request. We can’t have two Z-Wave Device Type Handlers sharing a fingerprint in this way. With the new Z-Wave joining features we just implemented you’ll be able to build the manufacturer and model into the fingerprint, but we’re not all the way there yet.

2 Likes

OK I guess having garage icons is out.

Not necessarily - the approach just shouldn’t be a new Device Type Handler. It could be a Device Preference that changes the icon.

2 Likes

That will be really really great, Tyler! Thanks!!! :sunrise:

Question about when to submit an app… I have one that is functional but I do want it have some enhancements down the road. So is it best to submit an app for approval now and then after approval submit for the enhancement/feature updates? Couldn’t I just tweak the code on my github while it is still sitting waiting for review? @Tyler any suggestions? @Lgkahn during the MONTHS that you have been waiting, what kind of communication do you receive? Do you know even what state of the process you are in other than you see it’s submitted? Sorry for the questions but I am just curious to know what I should expect.

Can you provide an example as I am new to this? Thanks.

Some of ST’s device handlers allow for custom images via device preferences, while some DH’s do it within the code itself (like yours), and some by adding “canChangeBackground: true” right after (or on the same line as) “canChangeIcon: true”. If you opt for canchhangebackground, then it’s part of device preferences.

My ideal situation would be if the device type for tilt sensor be available with Garage icons to reflect what it really is. I have an Echolink device called Garage tilt Sensor. But shows up as a Z-Wave window and door sensor, not ideal. I also wanted it to run local, but as soon as I modify it it runs external in the cloud.

Doesn’t seem too bad to me… A Garage Door is… Just a big door, no??