How can I make my Roomba 960 even better with smartthings?

I recently just bought the Roomba 960 vacuum, but the programming of it is flawed, so I wonder if Smartthings can obtain the data from the Roomba to fix it. I have a rug that has some black sections and the Roomba will not go over these sections because the cliff sensors on the bottom think the black is a cliff and it stops itself from going into that area.

Roomba and everything I see online is talking about taping paper over the sensors. I don’t want to do that on my new vacuum. This is a programming function of the robot and I didn’t know if anyone here has done something to fix their robot vacuum, or if it would be possible to do. If there is a way to read/obtain the cliff sensing command in smartthings, then it may be able just be overridden or deactivated. Ideally, an on/off command for cliff sensors would be great. I just don’t want to have to open and re-wire the sensors permanently and don’t want to tape over them.

Any advice or help would be great. Thanks.

The I7 does not have this issue… the only working SmartThings integration that I know of for this generation of Roomba is through IFTTT and sensor data is not provided. If your Roomba is under 30days, I’d return it and get an I7 instead if you don’t want to put tape on your drop senors.

The I7 would be nice, but I didn’t want to pay $250 more than the 960. It may not be possible and I am looking into other ones like the neato D6, but figured I would give it a shot if it was possible with this model.