Hot water/central heating control - dual switching

Hi,

I’ve purchased a Secure SSR-320 boiler switch/actuator and the device handler i grabbed from here (name thanks Lime Ninja)

The issue i am having is, i can control the HW and CH separately from the app but i want to set up some kind of schedule for each channel - now when accessed from any other smart app the device handler only shows up as a single switch which is labelled as Heating, the main and central switch on the app, this doesn’t control the HW and CH separately.

Is there a way of setting a up a virtual switch or another app that will recognise the HW and CH switched within the handler?

I have attached a pic for (hopefully) Clarity as I’m not always the best at explaining things.

Thanks

Another candidate for CoRE?

1 Like

Hmmmm, i have looked it that general direction, it just scares me a bit. It all looks very complicated and uses funny words.

Saying that, I’m failing to see many/any other options.

1 Like

I had the same issue. Trust me it’s worth having a look. Documentation is good, simple to install and it’s intuitive. What you’re looking to do above will probably take less than ten minutes.

1 Like

OK, I’ve opened CoRE and the problem is still the same - The device handler, when open has two switches i need to control but when its accessed by another app its only recognised as a single switch, which is not actually related, as far as i can tell, to what i need it to do. See below it shows as Pro test 1 and this only operates a single switch when open is clearly two switches (3 actually).

Am i missing something obvious?

Let’s see if the main man knows…

@ady624 ?

Once you select the main switch from the list it should allow you to use any custom commands when defining an action.

2 Likes

It seems massively over complicated for just switching the HW water on for a few hours each day and the CH in the winter.

I assumed that it would be a fairly simple task given it works if i switch it manually and the technology is ‘supposed’ to work with us.

Clearly i am wrong - maybe ill have another look at CoRE tomorrow when my head is a little clearer, the whole app is very baffling.

Baffling shmaffling - woke up early, fired a few pistons and hey presto, it’s all rolling nicely!

It looks far more complicated than it actually is - i can see a lot more time being spent with CoRE :muscle:t3:

Thanks!

2 Likes

And there goes another one :slight_smile:

Welcome to CORE!

Another satisfied customer, LOL :wink:

Have fun while at it :wink: