Honeywell Tuxedo Touch hacked to be a glorified keypad for ST?

Hello! I have been searching for a reason not to trash my Tuxedo Touch Panel every since I left my Vista20P alarm system and went to Konnected. I originally had the 20P and it’s wireless control panel for all my wireless sensors in the house but Hurricane Florence decided to rain in my garage…through my roof! So now I’ve gone so far into customizing and adding all sorts of things to my setup that I’ve landed back on trying to figure out what to do with this fancy keypad. Every time I have taken to the internet and tried to look for hacked roms, external display inputs, etc…I always end up on a thread about whether ST or the Tuxedo Touch should be secondary and so on. Has anyone tried to make this panel simply a display? Again to be clear, I do not want to take over an alarm panel or add the keypad as a controller of any sort. I want to use it as a keypad for ST or screen to display commands from my hubs. Am I thinking about this wrong? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Nothing wrong with wishful thinking, but that’s all it is. It is highly unlikely this panel can be hacked to interface with SmartThings for any particularly useful functionality.

If you manage to get it running a browser, then you can use that to access ActionTiles. Heck… Please check out ActionTiles anyway as you may be inspired to replace your obsolete panel with an inexpensive Tablet that then can be a true view and control station for SmartThings.

Thanks! This will make ya happy… Already a loyal ActionTiles customer!

1 Like

Yes! Very happy to hear this. Though I’d be even happier to gain another Customer :crazy_face:.