Honeywell TCC integration

(Kevin A Antrosiglio) #1

I’ve been doing quite a bit of reading and can’t seem to find a solution to this anywhere, so any help would be appreciated. I have 3 presence sensors set up on my smartthings hub (my phone, my daughter’s phone, and my son has an arrival sensor as he’s not yet old enough for a phone). I am also using a Honeywell wifi thermostat through TCC. I have already integrated the thermostat with the smartthings hub as well as my Harmony hub, and integrated the Harmony hub with the smartthings hub as well. I would like to set it up so that when all presence sensors are away, the thermostat goes into a permanent hold at set temperatures, and when any one single presence sensor arrives back home, the thermostat will resume the normal schedule. Now i can see that there is a button in the ST app in order to resume schedule, but i can’t figure out how to automate that when a presence sensor is in the home. Am I missing something?

(Daniel Pena) #2

I use routines to change the temperature at night and when away and then I use CoRE to “resume program” when I return home.

(Kevin A Antrosiglio) #3

Thanks for the reply! Looks a little out of my league though lol. I guess I’m just surprised that you can manually resume the thermostat programming, but can’t automate it to resume. Seems a little silly since the functionality is obviously there. Oh well, hopefully in a future update.

(Daniel Pena) #4

IFTTT.com also has some ways to implement resume schedule, you could check those out and see if they work for you.

(Kevin A Antrosiglio) #5

Thanks for the heads up! I implemented three separate IFTTT rules for each of the presence sensors to resume schedule on arrival. Then I have the ST app set up to create the temperature hold once everyone leaves. I’ll test it out tomorrow.

(Gary) #6

Can you share code for Resume.thermostat Schedule When.we Come Home? I’m new to CoRE. Thanks

(Daniel Pena) #7

I’ve moved all my CoRE pistons over to webCoRE will that work for you?

(Gary) #8

sure thing. Thanks

(Daniel Pena) #9

Here it is it just resumes the program when we get home or get up in the morning, I use a ‘Goodnight’ and a 'Goodbye routine to change the temperatures (makes them a permanent hold)

(Gary) #10

Neat! Thanks for getting me started.