Honeywell Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat Compatibility

Thanks to you both for the opinions on the Honeywell RTH6580WF.

Got it hooked up last night and it’s working great so far.

Thanks again.

1 Like

One question I do have about Honeywell Total Connect thermostats - is there a way to track (or even better graph) recent activity either within ST or the TCC app itself?

For the record, no longer have to enter my creds, and this integration is now rock solid. Loving it.

I was having all sorts of issues, so I fixed the total comfort API (honeywell decided to try to break it for everyone with empty and expired cookies)

New version here -

I wish there was an option to create a permanent hold. There’s an option in IFT TT to do it, but not the Smartthings DTH.

Do you mean temporary hold? Every time I issue a change to the temperature that differs from programming I end up with a permanent hold.

For me, a temporary hold just keeps the temperature at that setting until the next schedule change.

I’m looking for a permanent hold which will ignore the schedule and maintain a temperature that I select until I hit resume schedule.

I haven’t tried this but what if you were to use CoRE to set the setpoint to the current setpoint? Your setpoint wouldn’t change but it should give you a permanent hold.

I’m curious. I’ll have to create A piston and try it since all temperature changes issued by Smartthings result in a permanent hold. For me, it would be easier if it was a temperature hold. I wouldn’t need pistons to issue resume commands at certain times and conditions.

If I leave my house at 8am, and I Use core to make my setpoint 60, great. But my program in my Honeywell thermostat will make the temperature setting 65 at 3 PM. So if I come home at 6 PM, the temperature will be 65.

So this was just a temporary hold until the next setting for my resume program At 3pm.

I would like a permanent hold to set the temperature at 60 ignoring the switch at 3pm and remain at 60 until I come home. Then it changes back to 65.

Could you be issuing a resume command at some point? I just created a simple core rule to set the thermostat to 62 when my office light turns on. It sets a permanent hold. (See pictures). I also included a copy of the piston for review. I have always ended up with permanent holds from smartthings.

Yes. I was mistakenly issuing a resume program. Thank you for your help. I got it figured out now!

1 Like

Great. Glad I could help. I end up having to issue resumes at several different conditions because of the permanent hold. I wish ST gave us the option of selecting the type of hold.

I discovered something today. At 7:30 AM, my Honeywell thermostat schedule sets the heating temperature to 58°. If my house enters away mode, part of my core piston is to also change the temperature to 58. If somebody leaves the house after 7:30 AM, The core piston will not set the temperature to 58° because it is already set to 58.

Therefore not creating a permanent hold at 58 degrees.

I think what’s going to happen, is I’m going to be forced to either use the Honeywell thermostat schedule or Pistons based on presenceand and modes to create temperature changes. Not both.

I Tried your new version, it doesnt seem to have fixed the issue that honeywell is blocking the smartthings servers. Are you really getting it to work again… ie

77de7264-6cc7-450e-be48-b8747452f8b5 2:19:34 PM: debug Honeywell Home - My Total Connect Comfort
77de7264-6cc7-450e-be48-b8747452f8b5 2:19:34 PM: debug enable outside temps = No
77de7264-6cc7-450e-be48-b8747452f8b5 2:19:34 PM: error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized @ line 685

it works for me. Try doublechecking your credentials.

If that doesn’t work, try copy/pasting the “cookies: blah;blah;blah” line from the live debugger here so I can compare to mine

Thanks For this Bob & Eric

I cant seem to change the fan state .(Auto,On,Circ.) from within ST.
Any thing special i need to be doing to get it working?

Any help on this is appreciated.

Hello All
Here is another misshap i am seeing
the log is showing the temp commands as null

8:38:45 PM: debug setting cool setpoint to null
8:38:45 PM: debug setting heat setpoint to null
has any one else experience this?

Hey, guys I have a Honeywell TH6320WF1005 Wi-Fi Focus PRO 6000 Thermostat. I can only adjust the temperature of the thermostat by opening the device in the smartthings app and manually adjusting the temperature up or down. Other apps I’ve installed haven’t been able to set the temperature and using setCoolingSetpoint command in Core does not seem to be responding.

I tried installing the honeywelltotalapi smartapp bobjase posted but I’m getting an error when trying to create the app using its code: No signature of method: script1493549976104415914237.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script1493549976104415914237$_run_closure2) values: [script1493549976104415914237$_run_closure2@3f46a05e] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Anyone have any ideas on how to either fix this error code or a workaround to get the setCoolingSetpoint command to work properly?

1 Like

I made the mistake of deleting my thermostat because it was comflicting with the same one found by alexa (same device) and now I can’t remember how to add it back. You state “instructions” are at https://github.com/lgkahn/honeywelltotalapi/blob/master/totalcomfort.txt

I’ve been all the way through the code and there are NO instructions in it…nor does the github have instructions one level up so WHERE did you get them?